1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump is a Winning Machine

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Dec 14, 2016.

1. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I thought of Joe Kennedy when the nomination popped up.

Dble edge sword.... it worked under Roosevelt's watch, let's see how it works with Dickwad....

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

FWIW - I do totally agree on South Park kicking ass :D

3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Maybe Zuckerberg was unsure of a career path?[​IMG]

4. six6two

six6two AWD

That's a good point, but I could easily see a changing of the guard within the powers behind, or maybe not so behind the scenes anymore that will still result in policy being shaped to benifit the billionaires rather than America as a whole. I'm definitely much more pessimistic about this than hopeful, but I can see how this could possibly be a small step in the right direction.

5. six6two

six6two AWD

They really knocked it out of the park leaving the trump spoof in Canada, having Mr. Garrison fuck him to death and win the election, then complete the transformation stank face and all:crackup:

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Billionaires don't make money if the populace as a whole is poor. No one to make money from then. A strong economy benefits everyone. Short sighted billionaires do things like buy a candidate from Chicago and have him push though health care laws without realizing the healthy people would just not buy insurance so they don't have the money to pay for all the sick people who do buy it :crackup:

Jeff McKinney likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Haven't watched it in a while, need to get it on the tivo again :D

8. six6two

six6two AWD

'Where My Country Gone' from season 19 is the episode they predict the election and all that, then the five I've seen from this new season show Mr. Garrison being a permanent fixure as a Trumpesque POTUS, with his VP Caitlyn Jenner. They really have out done themselves.

9. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I really did not think Trump had a chance but the fact that so many "connected" people are still melting down makes me think that he was an OK choice for President. Hell, the Dumbocrats have run out of ideas and are trying to revive the Cold War in an effort to discredit the guy. Trump will either make things better or fuck them up so bad that we will have no choice but to fix things. To me both of these options are more desirable than maintaining the status quo.

Metalhead, Ian178 and six6two like this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That alone is making me less worried about Trump than I was when he got elected :D

11. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

-Well lets see, Goldman Sachs has helped to almost destroy our economy and buy our politicians. Trump went on and on about how someone married to a GS exec couldn't be trusted in our government yet he turns around and hires one.

-The breitbart guy is a known racist dickhead and prints news that benefits him and his friends, just like CNN and FOX news. If Obama had brought in the head of CNN everyone in the world would have been able to tell that he was trying to control the news and make it favorable for him. How is this different?

-The Exxon guy is a part of big business/coorperate American that Trump pledged to keep out of American politics. He is also tight with Putin who is a murderous dictator and is very keen on getting his hand up the back of the shirt of the American President. Trump is easily influenced buy people with money and power if they say nice things about him. Putin will play him like a fiddle.

-Sec of energy... are you fucking joking? hers is what Wiki says about the current guy..........

Ernest Jeffrey Moniz GCIH[1] (born December 22, 1944) is an American nuclear physicist and the United States Secretary of Energy, serving under U.S. President Barack Obama since May 2013. He served as the Associate Director for Science in the Office of Science and Technology Policy in the Executive Office of the President of the United States from 1995 to 1997 and was Under Secretary of Energy from 1997 to 2001 during the Clinton Administration.

Moniz is one of the founding members of The Cyprus Institute and has served at Massachusetts Institute of Technology as the Cecil and Ida Green Professor of Physics and Engineering Systems, as the Director of the Energy Initiative, and as the Director of the Laboratory for Energy and the Environment.[2]

On March 4, 2013, Moniz was nominated by President Obama to replace outgoing Energy Secretary Steven Chu for his second term.[3] His appointment was confirmed by the Senate in a unanimous vote on May 16, 2013.[4]

Rick Perry studied animal husbandry at some texas farm college and couldn't even remember the name of the dept of energy in a debate.

-The EPA? Yeah fuck it, lets just let everybody do whatever they want. Soon enough we will be like Bejing, Mexico City or Delhi where they cancel schools and tell everyone that today is a no car day due to excessive smog. Watch your children suffer with respiratory issues like people in China and India. You'll all look great with the face masks that the Chinese people are always wearing in the airport.

12. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

And the sec of energy before Moniz..........

Steven Chu (Chinese: 朱棣文; pinyin: Zhū Dìwén,[4][5][6][7][8] born February 28, 1948)[9] is an American physicist. He is known for his research at Bell Labs and Stanford University regarding the cooling and trapping of atoms with laser light, which won him the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1997, along with his scientific colleagues Claude Cohen-Tannoudji and William Daniel Phillips.[10]

Chu served as the 12th United States Secretary of Energy from 2009 to 2013. At the time of his appointment as Energy Secretary, Chu was a professor of physics and molecular and cellular biology at the University of California, Berkeley, and the director of the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, where his research[11][12][13] was concerned primarily with the study of biological systems at the single molecule level.[14] Chu resigned as energy secretary on April 22, 2013.[15][16][17] He returned to Stanford as Professor of Physics and Professor of Molecular & Cellular Physiology.

Chu is a vocal advocate for more research into renewable energy and nuclear power, arguing that a shift away from fossil fuels is essential to combating climate change.[18][19][20] He has conceived of a global "glucose economy", a form of a low-carbon economy, in which glucose from tropical plants is shipped around like oil is today.[21]

13. six6two

six6two AWD

I think at least on the banking side, they could with the working class having to finance more and rack up more debt. All these ideas basically come out of my ass. I'm not capable of seeing the whole picture from where I'm at, these are just my gut feelings based on my admittedly very limited perspective.

I will say I've had a somewhat ideological shift within the past few years, and am open to things The Don is talking about like improving Obamacare could be a very good thing. So, any kind of change that's going to help more people in need than hurt, I can get on board with.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dickhead I'll grant you - racist? Haven't seen any proof. Breitbart is a conservative biased site for sure - but because of that it's influence is extremely limited. Nothing like CNN at all.

Tight with Putin? You mean like a Secretary of State and even a President should be with leader of the 2nd or 3rd most powerful nation on the planet? Keep your friends close and your enemies closer....

Cool, career government stooge spending his life spending other peoples money on boondoggles. Yeah, impressive as hell....

No one is saying anything remotely like that - and you're trying to tell us you're not panicked? :crackup:

If you can't see the EPA is ineffective and has policies that don't make sense - overboard and underboard - then you're just delusional.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Granted I'm far from hundred thousandaire much less billionaire but all of them just dealt with the fallout from letting the poor folks get too much financing and debt - bailing them out makes no one any money. So I think the smart ones will try to prevent that from happening again. Is Trump picking smart ones? Dunno, we'll find out.

I'm happy at this point even with change for changes sake. Still not a fan of his, he's not a self made man, he's a gambler more than a businessman - but he's picking people who have actually run real businesses and that interests me for sure.

six6two likes this.
  16. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Just curious, before the election you were independent. I understsnd this is a personal question, but did you still maintain that stance at the booth?

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Are you aware of how leadership works? You don't have to be an expert on everything all the people underneath you do in order to run a successful enterprise/agency, you just need to have a clear understanding of your goals and what it takes to get there, such as organizing and motivating your staff. Do you think the CEO of Boeing knows how to design a plane? Do you think Bill Gates writes the code for everything at Microsoft? Do you think everything on Facebook was done by Marc Zuckerberg? How many Germans did George Patton kill? How many British did George Washington kill? And so on.......

18. six6two

six6two AWD

Fixed.:D

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. Voted for all sorts of people regardless of their party. Skipped some local stuff, incumbents with no competition, made me consider running :crackup: Voted what would be called liberal on some things, conservative on others.

Other than SNL - I am as happy with the president elect as I was with G Dub if for nothing else than the comedians and material will be good for a while. Hillary would have just been scary.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

sheepofblue likes this.