1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump impeachment

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by gixxerreese, Sep 24, 2019.

1. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Don't get uppity heathen! Next you'll be expecting a map with none of them there fancy words...or lines.

cav115 likes this.
  2. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

I cant vote Sessions,
    Between Tubby and Byrne, not sure. I haven't examined eithers platform

3. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I am betting Session and Tub in a runoff.

4. sheepofblue

I would have said Byrne but I REALLY dislike his campaign style. All buzzword and no substance. I cannot see the Tub as other than a coach he seems to have no qualifications and again he is promising hope and change type nonsense rather than substance.

5. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

If it comes down to Sessions versus Jones in the general election, I hope that you will reconsider. Roy Moore already handed our Senate seat to that leftist weasel one time. Let's not make the same mistake twice. Honestly, however, Jones would probably have lost to absolutely any citizen of Alabama other than Moore.

Fencer likes this.
  6. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Ok we are clear i'm betting 50.00 bucks to the Air Fence fund that Jones votes to acquit, and your wager is he won't he will vote to convict.
    if so Deal.

So what's the bet if he splits the baby. Yea on one and No on the other?

sheepofblue likes this.
  7. nigel smith

If Jones thinks that he has an actual chance of retaining his seat, he will vote to acquit and throw his support behind Manchin's censure motion. Manchin can save his own political ass with this move, but I think Dougie is fated to search for other employment.

8. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I disagree. Manchin better vote to acquit on both bullshit counts or he's toast next go around. I'm surprised he even opened himself to exposure with this censure move.

9. sheepofblue

Interesting he is a weasel like bastard but I will pay up if he votes no on either.

10. sheepofblue

DJ is angling for a nice lobbying job if not he has been spending to much time in CO partaking of the 'legal' substances.

11. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

no need to put legal in quotes
    it is legal here
    Fuck the fed

12. sheepofblue

Until they come in and enforce federal law Chong

Knotcher likes this.
  13. sheepofblue

Oh and your logic is confusing to me.
    I am saying he will vote to convict on BOTH counts. If he votes against conviction on either count I will pay up. I will even pay up if he takes a weasel path of abstain.

I don't think there is such a thing as voting to acquit, merely voting yes or no on impeach. If a vote on dismissal of charges comes up then yes I am betting he will vote no on both counts. In other words he will vote with his owner Schumer.

14. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Yep and it probably won't be for actually selling the product. They will go after the money side of the things (taxes, money laundering, etc.)

It may never happen, but it could.

15. nigel smith

Actually, you agree. Manchin has floated the idea of censure specifically to allow himself to acquit while "remaining true to the ideals of the Democratic party". He knows which way the wind is blowing.

16. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I would love to see that states rights issue, and others, go in front of SCOTUS.

17. sheepofblue

If they followed the law (thank you President Obama for destroying the rule of law) they would come in and confiscate product, funds from it and stuff like warehouses.

They need to either enforce the law or repeal it.

18. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Generally agree, but the no law needs to be repealed. The FDA just need to reclassify MJ so that law doesn’t include it anymore.

19. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

FDA drug scheduling is pure bullshit.

Also, the interstate commerce clause and the general welfare clauses have been used to ruin the Republic.

20. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Doug Jone will vote to convict.