1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trailer Organization Ideas

Discussion in 'General' started by fonz82, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Havoc

Havoc Well-Known Member

2012 grand grand cherokee v8

Trailer empty weighs 1,500 pounds,With my gear total is 2,600 and dont even feel it out back.

2. noupf

noupf Well-Known Member

bringing this thread back.........anybody else have some pics to share for ideas? Looking to upgrade our 6x12 with a 7x14 or 7x16.

3. onepusher

onepusher Socially Inappropriate

We have a 7x16 V nose for sale. Roof A/C bench in front insulated on all sides and roof.

4. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

Delete this post and make it again in about 4 months when I'm ready to buy exactly that :D

5. noupf

noupf Well-Known Member

waaaaaaaaaaaay to far away, but thanks

6. onepusher

onepusher Socially Inappropriate

Going up for sale on the classifieds this week. Sorry about the timing of the sale. Besides your all the way in TX.

7. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

8. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Bumping an older thread for a new question:

I have existing wiring in my trailer, but I would like to add a box to plug into the trailer power from the outside of the trailer. Anyone have any good tips on how to do it?

9. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

You have two plugs inside correct(can't remember how I wired it)? Open the box in back of one of the outlets and splice off of it. Run some romex out to an external outlet mounted on the outside of the trailer.

10. ScottyRock155

The trailer is nice by the way. :D

I think I can handle the wiring, but what is a clean way to cut a hole and mount a box on the trailer? I was hoping to make it look decent and use a quality weatherproof box.

11. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I wish I still had it!

I would go down and run the wiring under the trailer to wherever you want the box. I'm assuming you want it on the door side?

12. Ed Sorbo

Ed Sorbo Well-Known Member

16 ft trailer with awning attached. Note the poles on the ground between the legs, this make it a lot better in the wind and holds the carpet down.

Attached Files:

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Depending on what kind of wiring you're looking at, they sell covers that fit a hole in the floor and you drop a cord through it. There's also twist lock stuff and all sorts of pretty easy to install options. Take a look at online RV stores for ideas of the products out there.

14. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I have a 30amp waterproof lock style plug on the front of my trailer. That is wired to an electrical panel I got from Home Depot.

The plug was about $50 but it has a cover when not in use and with the right connector from the power source you can twist on the cable and it'll be locked to the connector and fully water proof.

I got it from a marine store.

Edit: Ah found it.

http://www.amazon.com/Marinco-Valox-Marine-Power-Inlet/dp/B000NI3GZ0/ref=pd_sim_sg_5

15. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

Scott, where you living these days?

16. ScottyRock155

A-rab Alabama :D

And now that I've done a little more thinking, mounting a box on the bottom of the trailer instead of cutting a hole seems like a better idea.

17. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

ahh, ok. i was gonna say, if you were in the ATL, i'd do it for ya. (n/c of course)

18. ScottyRock155

I appreciate it, if I have any issues I'll let you know. :up:

19. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Im almost finished with the Duplicolor Bedarmor Floor coating. Got to say for the $$$ this shit kicks ass.
    Prelim results (this is 2 coats) Used 1 whole gallon and still have 3/4 of the 2nd gallon left. (for approximately 100 sq ft)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. AZFZDude

AZFZDude grid filler

My Look 6X12 V-Nose. The track/shelves/baskets/etc is Gladiator from Lowes. Going to do something with the floor next. That Duplicolor Bedarmor Floor coating looks good.

Attached Files: