1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tracking an android phone

Discussion in 'General' started by Fencer, Sep 8, 2012.

1. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

What about the dogs, how you tracking them? :D

Fencer: You might want to give the AVG and Lookout apps a look as well. However, the one Kenny suggested earlier, even though it's a pay app seems the most bulletproof.

2. BHakalaw

BHakalaw Well-Known Member

Not sure this is exactly what you are looking for, but this is a friend's company.

http://www.amberalertgps.com/

years ago he had a situation where his kid went missing and they were about to issue an amber alert. Works like a charm if you can cause your daughter to keep it on her person. If it just stays in the car or on her backpack/purse, and if something did happen, its going obviously just track the location of the tracking device, not her, and is essentially useless. But, if it actually stays on her, then this is exactly what you want/need.

As a father of a 4 year old, I can only imagine the lengths I would go to protect my child.....

Best of luck.

3. nikk777

nikk777 Well-Known Member

track the car... instamapper.com combined with a cheap motorola iden boost mobile phone... Do it right and you are going for ~$20 with $5-$10 every 3 months to re-up the boost account. You can hard wire it into the car pretty easily, she'll never know it's there and you can appear to be the trusting dad giving her space while not freaking out. Still ground her for not checking in of course but you retain your sanity. It was a great option I found after having 3 cars stolen... Let me know if you need advice/help on this option.

4. nikk777

nikk777 Well-Known Member

:up:

5. Nine29

Nine29 Well-Known Member

6. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Thank you for the responses!

The amber alert one with its devices reminded me that I have a SPOT sitting on my touring bike. I turn it on on when I go cross country riding to let the family know where I am. I know, I am sooo controlling, I want them to know I am safe when I take off for a 500 mile + day.

If it comes down to tracking the car, (if that need arises), I may put the SPOT in the car since I already have it.

7. six6two

six6two AWD

This genre of parenting breeds the BEST college girls!!!

8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Now that was just mean..... :Poke:

9. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

"working late" Ummmmm Hmmmm

10. six6two

six6two AWD

Maybe, but very true. Verified, even. :D

11. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I hope you have nothing but girls should that day come....:D

Firm believer of what goes around.......

12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Oh, I spoke nothing of its veracity.... just that it was mean. :crackup::crackup:

No.... not gonna say nothin else. :cool: