1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tomatoes: the underrated hero in the burger

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Oct 30, 2022.

1. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

:Puke:

When I started dating my wife we had a cookout. She asked me if I wanted a BBQ sandwich and I said sure. It was dark so was I surprised when I bit into it and that nasty uncooked egg ran all down my chin. :Puke::Puke:

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Phrasing, bro. Phrasing.

:crackup:

CBRRRRR999 and SuddenBraking like this.
  3. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

4. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Wife and I have switched to mostly eating what we call Jesse Kelly burgers. (Recipe came from him) 2/3 to 1 pound of ground beef. He recommends highest fat content ground beef, we usually use grass fed 15%. Add a little seasoning, garlic powder, salt & pepper. Mix in a bowl with 1/4 to 1/3 cup Chipotle Tobasco sauce. (has to be the Chipotle)Makes two burgers. He says cook on flat top only, but we grill them half the time. Add a slice of american cheese if you like and serve on a toasted bun. No condiments what so ever. Makes an excellent burger.

5. CBRRRRR999

Place nearby had a Angus fois gras burger. Cooked rare with 2 oz of fois gras, some truffled fries and a chocolate malt was the ticket for my monthly cardiovascular system check.

HPPT and Yzasserina like this.
  6. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I like to grind up some bacon and mix that into my hamburger meat, lightly season, sometimes mix in finely minced onion and bell peppers, mix in some shredded cheddar, and throw em on the grill (charcoal, not gas) with some cherry wood chips.

7. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Posted nom recipe and video in YT. Worth the hassle. My father used to eat loco moco on the regular when he was a teenager at the Tasty Crust in Wailuku, Maui.

8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Not sure if it's a chain or not, but there are Willy's in Texas that has great burgers, and no tomatoes. Who da fuk puts a salad on a burger?

9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

:stupid:

10. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Nature's seasoning

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  11. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Not a chain, actual name is Willy's Burgers And Booze.

the owner also owns the Dead Bob’s place I mentioned.

12. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Les cinq mecs?...

Anyway, if you likes lots of fries, it's a place to go to.

If you like good fries, not so much....

13. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Ground venison with 25% ground pork is the best burger.

Phl218 and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

No, no it’s not. Go back to making moonshine, hillbilly. :D

Phl218 likes this.
  15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

See YouTube thread in a minute…

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd bet the burger thing varies restaurant to restaurant or even cook to cook, we went to one at Summit and it was honestly a truly good burger. To the point I remember it even now.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  17. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Tomato's are weak.. I always pull them from the burger and have the restaurant add jalapenos.

18. CBRRRRR999

Dude, those were some nice looking burgers. I'd love the duck, I've had duck confit sliders. The fois gras truffle burger thing need a little more thickness.

19. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

20. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

They have a bacon milkshake. Has anyone ever tried it?
    If I'm in a restaurant, I'm going for a steak!