1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts and Prayers from Ian and Family

Discussion in 'General' started by 2-stroke, Aug 10, 2010.

1. jevans500

jevans500 Member

Frank and Ian, stay strong together. Ian I hope that you get back on your feet soon. I had a lot of fun battling with you last year in Formula 2. You are definately a safe, solid and courteous competitor. Keep your head up big man.
    Jason Evans
    Wera 923

2. Czar

Czar Well-Known Member

To all you Tetricks - you are a great family. Ian you are an awesome racer and Sean told me how brave you were even in pain out there....get well and we hope to see you back soon. Frank you and the Missus have one great boy in Ian.

3. oldbeginner

oldbeginner Well-Known Member

Get Well Soon. Looking forword to racing with You somemore in the future.

4. P213K

P213K Member

Ian - I've been friends with Rob for over 16 years, and I know he wouldn't blame you one bit for what happened. He was once the young kid on the track too. In no way was the accident your fault, and never let anyone tell you otherwise. Concentrate on a speedy recovery, and get back on that track as soon as possible. Rob will be happy knowing you stood up tall, dusted yourself off, and got right back to racing. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

5. 42K8

42K8 Well-Known Member

Well said. Heal quickly, Ian!

6. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Ian.
    tim

7. jennifergette

jennifergette Member

This is Jennifer Gette, Rob's wife. I have the support of Rob's family in telling you this. It is okay. He is forgiven and we know he is not to blame for this very unfortunate accident. I know in my heart Rob would want Ian to forgive himself. I spoke to Jay Boulle who was at the races with Rob and he would like to contact you. He said that Rob would tell him to get back on his bike. (I cannot say the same). I pray for healing in the body and heart of your son.
    Jennifer

8. AvidFan

AvidFan Active Member

Covering all the Natl events this season, I had the pleasure of interviewing Ian several times. Ian is soft spoken, kind and very calm. I was SO worried when I got word that he was one of the ones involved in the wreck- and we still had no word on anyones status... it wasnt a good outcome none the less. But Im glad to hear Ian is in the process of recovering. Im looking forward to seeing him in the future and getting my chance to interview him more as he grows into a first place guy at the track. Give Ian our best wishes, cant wait to see the whole family again soon.

9. gparsons

gparsons New Member

First, I would like to say THANKS to everyone for all the wonderful posts regarding the terrible incident on Saturday!!!! I am sure the Tetrick family are very pleased with such wonderful, positive responses. I am a close friend of the Tetrick family and my thoughts and prayers are with them as well as all others involved; and, other racers that were at the track at this time. I am sure everyone feels the pain and heartache of their fellow racers. Ian, keep your head up little man and God will give you the strength you need to pull through this difficult time. Great parents, great doctors, great friends and a good attititude will put you back on that track where you want to be!!!! Sometimes bad things happen to good people - and there's no reason why. When leaving the hospital...have a safe trip home!!!! Gigi-WV

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  10. 42K8

42K8 Well-Known Member

I saw Ian today at Duke and all I can say is he is tough! I couldn't believe the list of injuries and how casually he lay there without a complaint, other than seeming a little bored with the hospital scene. Mongo, to answer your question, he definitely has an impressive list of titanium. I'm thinking we might have to nickname him the 'Bionic Man.' At one point, they had to move him and he quietly said "ouch." He repeated himself a little louder which is when I realized that, based on how they were moving him, he was in a lot of pain. I thought, "At the very least, I probably would have punched someone..." He might be quiet, but he's tough as nails.

The Tetricks are a great family who will be missed at the track until Ian heals up and is back out there. They epitomize racing as a 'family sport.'

Ian - I wish you a speedy recovery!

11. Six3SixGal

Six3SixGal Official WERA Cat Lady

Heal up Ian! We've been watching you since we started in 2008! You'll get through it - just think of all the cool things you;ll get to tell your kids one day!! :D

12. RebeccaBigham

RebeccaBigham New Member

I am Rebecca Bigham, one of Rob Gette's younger sisters. I read this post and the post by my sister-in-law, Jennifer Gette, and want to confirm that our family only has well wishes for Ian. We were devaststed to hear that he was hurt so badly in the accident. In addition, we do not want him to feel guilt about Rob's passing. In no way do we hold him responsible. Our wish is for him to grow into an accomplished, succfessful young man, and if he wants to, continue racing. We understand that racing is something that gets into your blood, and is hard to walk away from. We wish Ian and his family happiness and a bright future. Get well soon. -Rebecca Bigham

13. KILLA1

KILLA1 Orange Suzuki = MY HERO

My thoughts and prayers are with all parties involved!

14. Roger Lyle

Roger Lyle Well-Known Member

Our prayers go out to all the families involved. Ian, you are the man. God bless you all.
    Roger and Joan

15. Zephyr

Zephyr Tank Killer

Heal up quick Ian. I've got faith in you and believe you will bounce back in no time.

It won't be the same without you at the races! We will miss ya!

I'm looking forward to lining up on the grid with you again!

Oh, and can you teach me how to do wheelies on a scooter? :D

16. Kingbutts

Kingbutts Member

Ian we are praying for a speedy recovery for you. Tyler has broken his leg twice in the same year and feels your pain. You guys will be back to battling back and forth before you know it.

Take care
    Troy & Tyler Butts

17. bne5004

bne5004 pens fan

Ian heal up quick buddy, we need you out there. And i hope your dad found you a cute nurse!:up: ill be callin to check in on ya

Brian