1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts and Prayers from Ian and Family

Discussion in 'General' started by 2-stroke, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Toxic Racing2

Toxic Racing2 a.k.a. kamikazejane

Heal up quick Ian, you are in all of our prayers for a speedy recovery. Keep your chin up, you have a ton of people that are behind you and here for you.

2. KNickers

KNickers Well-Known Member

Frank - I raced with Ian the last couple years in NC in various classes and I'll back up your words - he is smooth and predictable. Wish him a speedy recovery. - he's a great kid.

Kurt

3. GoodKnight

GoodKnight Well-Known Member

I raced against Ian last year (if you can say "raced", the kid blew by me more times than i care to admit). I'll attest that he is fast, smooth, and very much in control and not a danger on track.

As everyone's saying, this is in no way his fault. Unfortunately things can happen on track. Hopefully Ian will be healed up and back in action in no time.

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

Heal Up Quick Kid!

We want to see you out there on the track where you belong.

5. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

Prayers sent to you and your family for a speedy recovery. Fact is things happen. It has nothing to do with "racing or riding on the track". Bad things happen to good people everyday. My wife works in the local emergency room and come home everyday telling me about the unbelievable misfortune that good healthy kind hearted people go through. I guess its just important for all of us racers to realize that we are mortal and bad things can happen to even to the best. Get well soon!

6. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

best wishes and a speedy recovery to Ian-keep your head up...

7. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Our prayers are with you, Ian. Just concentrate on getting better. Trying to take blame for this or being concerned about the outcome being different will do you no good. If Mongo and the officials are saying you did nothing wrong, then you did nothing wrong. It was a horrible accident that couldn't have been avoided. Second guessing yourself and the situation will not serve you well. There is no need for it. Just get yourself healthy and back out again. And have no misconception, you nor anyone else did anything wrong. There are just some things that are unavoidable. This is a risk all racers face and accept.

You sound like one helluva strong kid. Get yourself well.

8. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

get well soon ian

9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Heal up quick young racer.

10. kaoyagi

kaoyagi Well-Known Member

I too have had the pleasure of racing with Ian and can attest to his riding abilities. Heal up quick and get back on track.

11. drew231506

drew231506 Zero sponsors

Well written Frank. Thoughts and prayers to your family and especially Ian.

12. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

Rest and heal Ian :up:

13. naya the dingo

naya the dingo Well-Known Member

Get well soon, this stuff really saddens me.

14. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

+1 x 100

15. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

+1

16. Waterboy

Waterboy Rain Man

Heal up quick, Ian!

17. edehaven

edehaven Eric DeHaven SoCalRaceDad

From another dad and son team
    Heal up quick Ian.. our thoughts are with you

18. blakej755

blakej755 Well-Known Member

Heal up Ian. You r a great rider and a really cool kid. We love watching u race. Also like to give a big thanks to your grandfather for letting me kinda borrow his moped to climb the hill in turn 15 when my girlfriend was involved n a crash. Get well an hope to c u at the track soon!!!

19. exracer941

exracer941 Well-Known Member

I've enjoyed watching his skill level grow over the past couple years. Quite a transformation. Heal up quick and get back out there..:up:

20. jyamr1

jyamr1 Member

it must have been a horrible weekend for everyone.
    Ian is a great kid, fun to be around.
    Best condolences to the Gette family.
    Wish Ian a speedy recovery.
    Xavier ( WERA #24 )
    and Family