1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts and Prayers from Ian and Family

Discussion in 'General' started by 2-stroke, Aug 10, 2010.

1. 2-stroke

2-stroke Frank

I would like to offer my most sincere condolences to the family and friends of Rob Gette. I am the Father of Ian Tetrick #9 WERA Expert who was involved in the tragedy at VIR. Ian was one of three racers involved in the incident and was very seriously injured. He has a badly fractured right femur, a broken right hand, along with at least two broken fingers, and a badly broken right arm. He has already been through surgery to repair the femur, and is in surgery to repair his arm and hand as I type this. In spite of these very painful injuries, his first words to me were questions of concern for the other racers involved in the incident. He was aware that he had collided with another racer during the incident, and immediately asked if the rider was alright. I wasn’t sure of the racer’s condition at the time, but I knew the situation didn’t look good, so I couldn’t give him an answer. Ian has since been told that Rob Gette did not survive the accident, and he is devastated. He has been assured by WERA officials that he was not to blame in any way for the accident, but this has offered very limited consolation. Only the passage of time will allow him to deal with this tragedy in his own way. Those of you who know Ian know that he is a very kind, soft -spoken boy who loves to race. He is a very fast, smooth and predictable rider who never takes unnecessary risks on the track. Anyone who has raced with him will confirm this. My family and I very much appreciate the tremendous amount of support we have received from everyone in the racing community, and our most sincere thoughts and prayers go out to everyone who has been affected by this tragedy.
    Frank Tetrick

2. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Get well soon Ian!

3. XACT-Man

XACT-Man Not that fast....

Hope Ian heals up quick, this is just too much of sad news.........

4. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

5. Zippy1

Zippy1 Banned

Poor kid. That's a lot to have to work through. Hope he heals-up fast. Nobody's blaming him for anything. It's a terrible incident that unfortunately happens in racing sometimes. He needs to know that. :)

6. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Thoughts for your son and may he have a full and speedy recovery.

7. John LegionST

John LegionST Well-Known Member

Thoughts and prayers will be with Ian and family at this time! I hope he makes a full recovery as quickly as possible and returns to doing what he loves!!!

Ian, although this was a horrible tragedy, you were in no way at fault and many peoples hearts go out to you for what you now have to go through and deal with yourself. I cant even imagine how myself or many others would deal with it, but know that you did nothing wrong and there was nothing you could have done differently... sometimes life is very harsh on many levels and hopefully you will be able to cope with this and make a full recovery! I met some of your family after the incident and it seems that you will have some great support behind you. Heal up and I cant wait to meet you in person and see you on the track again! You are an amazing racer!

Take Care Ian and family,

John

8. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

get well Ian and family stay strong for him

9. He has been in my thoughts since I heard of the incident. I have never met Ian, but that is a lot for any one person to deal with. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Lynda

10. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Frank, our thoughts are also with Ian and your family at this difficult time. We wish Ian all the best and pray for a speedy recovery from his injuries.

11. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Good vibes sent Ian's way for sure. I thought it was pretty shitty and completely irrelevant for the news sources to print his age; as if that had anything to do with the ACCIDENT.

I echo everyone's condolences to Rob Gette's family and loved-ones, and hope that Ian knows any anger directed toward him is from a misinformed minority.

thoughts and prayers for ALL those involved.

12. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

:stupid:

13. JBaucom

JBaucom Well-Known Member

Best wishes for Ian, for all his injuries. Heal up quick, little man.:up:

14. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Heal up fast, Ian! Thanks for the update Frank.

15. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Heal up fast Ian! I am sure most of us are empathizing with what he is feeling. I know I wouldn't be feeling that great right now.

16. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Best wishes and i hope Ian learns to deal with this. i wasnt there, but have heard many times over that no one was to blame. it was just an accident. its racing and unfortunately the blunt truth of it is shit happens. thats part of racing and unfortunately this time we lost a family member. in the news write-up Rob's mom said she asked him if he was scared of getting killed racing and his reply was something to the effect of, "what better way to go?!"

Heal up soon Ian and hang in there!

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Tell him to concentrate on getting healed and back out there. I've seen the video of the accident and there truly was nothing Ian could have done differently.

One other note - holy shit is he tough! I've seen grown men crying less injuries than he had, he never complained or did more than grit his teeth and bear it and then ask how everyone else was - while still laying injured on a hot track.

He's a great kid and a credit to his family. Tell him from us that we already miss him and hope he gets better asap. Also, if he ever wants to talk about what happened just call me.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So what are the details on the surgeries anyway? Plates? Rods? Pins? Hopefully he gets titanium if they're bolting him back together, if you're going to have internal bling it may as well be cool bling :)

If you guys need anything up there just let us know, this is one amazing group for finding anything from clean underwear and coffee to fully equipped air ambulances.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Get well soon, Ian.

This is really sad for all involved. I hope that this gets less difficult for you with every day that passes.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Prayers for healing of the body and the spirit. Frank, you have obviously raised a remarkable young man and have every reason to be very proud.