1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The thread for lame excuses of why you're not currently racing

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, May 21, 2021.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'd love to give them a go.

2. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Me too if there was something somewhat local. 3 hrs away in ill is as close as it gets.

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I would at a minimum, think it would be fun to do a Danny Walker or Rich Oliver school. I think flat track would be fun to try, but I'm not interested enough to buy all the equipment and a bike to try it. Where as with drag racing, karting and road racing, I will get what I need to try it or do it.

4. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

Already feeling the effect of too many concussions.

My body doesn't bounce anymore. It crumbles like a pile of that dog poop that's been out in the sun and turns to white powder.

Financial priorities have shifted.

Modern bikes are fugly and the Vintage Class guys are too weird to associate with.

Gino230 and Pixelator like this.
  5. Boman Forklift

:crackup::crackup::crackup: I've never gone to a vintage race, would like to someday. But I do think some vintage guys would make a fork spring out of some wire they had laying around versus buying a premade part.

Plus old people, I guess myself included, get crotchety. :D

Gino230, Pixelator and beac83 like this.
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Boman Forklift likes this.
  7. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Get off my carpet!

8. Boman Forklift

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Pfffft... Amateur.

p.s. Drunk Roy is gonna have a field day with this thread. :D

10. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I don't even know how to reply :D

11. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I would love to try racing again, even though it was a total failure before. The fellows talking about V7 stokes the flame.

But I'm too involved in trying to build a retirement place, and need for every buck to count. There's so much off road riding at my new pad.

You can't have everything.

[​IMG]

Metalhead, Gino230, Senna and 2 others like this.
  12. Boman Forklift

That view looks great. I totally understand not wanting to do it, because of the expense. I have to admit, it was a blessing in disguise when Tyler was taken out at Road America and pretty much ended his racing.

Financially when we quit racing, it let me do stuff at work, that I probably wouldn't have been able to afford to do. I was taking the racing budget as sponsorship from the business.

13. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

you know you have an open invite to come ride Thunderhill with us and can ride any of my bikes. We even have loaner leathers. :) Easy to snatch you up from SMF. Typically ride with Carters ot PTT.... Fun is meh for an org but tracktime is tracktime

15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

16. Boman Forklift

I'm old, so I don't remember that invitation. Good news is I do have leathers. I bought a set to replace the last set cut off me, thinking I would race minis with my son back in 2008. In reality, I crashed out, broke a few ribs, punctured a lung, and broke my collarbone, so I became a pit bitch for my son instead.

I am going to have to take you up on that later this year. Send me your schedule or post it here, this old dog has sent his kids to college, and while I still have life insurance, I need to play again.

Although if you only have 1000's I should probably pass, as anything I've ridden with that much horsepower, has a big slick and wheelie bars. :crackup:

beac83 and TurboBlew like this.
  17. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Lamest?
    BTDT.
    :D

18. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I'm worried I might end up pitted next to this bloke.

19. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Chasing greens instead of wood!

20. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Man....theres a 675r rotting in my garage :(
    A 20min track session is like that quickie you got under the bleachers in middle school. It’s over before you knew you were supposed to enjoy it.