1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

I like the sound

2. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I hate the sound...does not sound like the most advanced racing series on the planet... :down:

3. bajakirch

bajakirch ^Not what you think

I don't worry about the sound -- it's just sound. Yes, it's different from the last few years and that's why people don't think it 'sounds' right.

In few years we'll all be used to this and complain when they change the rules again.

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

S P O I L E R……..

That was a fantastic race! I like Ricciardo's response "I'm tripping balls right now"

Congrats McLaren Mercedes and Rosberg:up:

David Hobbs…"Boyo-Boy"!!!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  5. 1coopgt

1coopgt Well-Known Member

It was a very interesting race .

6. haffast

haffast New Member

It looks like Vettel got Webber' car.

7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I thought it was pretty good. Fewer retirements than I expected.

I hated the sound at first but after a while it kind of grew on me. Kind of like when GP went from 2 strokes to 4. They have almost a Ducati kind of grunt.

8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yes, that low sound growl of the engine, along with the aero at speed make a very cool sound.

Ricciardo just got disqualified for a fuel issue, finishes last. Button now on the podium. I hope the Aussie fans don't go too crazy.

9. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

10. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I'll bet he's crushed.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

An interesting consequence of the muffled engine sound is that we can now clearly hear the tires when they lock the wheels, and especially when they leave the pit box.

News about Ricciardo. He seems to be one of those guys you can't help being happy for because they are so happy themselves.

12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I found the interview during the race with Kettel refreshing. You know he had to have been unhappy, but he said his teammate was doing well and that's good for the team. Seldom do you hear any of the superstars commenting on their teammate. Vettel has a lot of class for a young guy.

13. baileyrace

baileyrace Well-Known Member

Vettel has class unless he is behind his teammate and the team orders both to slow down and hold their position. Vettel decided a cheap win was better. Weber was not happy.

14. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Not sure I agree on this one either. He did some pretty classless things just last year. I couldn't imagine him saying anything else. It doesn't take class to NOT say "I hope my teammate crashes or has an engine failure"

15. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Anyone know why the rain lights would flash three times on some cars as they come into a corner?

16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

When's the last time you ever heard any driver say anything positive about their team or teammate after retiring early?
    Most F1 driver that made it to the top rustled a few feathers on the way…Schumacher, Senna, Alonso...

17. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing. I'm surprised they didn't comment on it during the race.

18. Crybaby™

Saw that too. Initially wondered if it was when DRS was enabled to let others know, but then thought that would be stupid since they can see the wing. Also it did seem to happen on corner entry. Maybe it's actually a brake light

19. Crybaby™

About the team? All the time. About the teammate, less often, but when specifically asks by the media, just about every time. Heck, Hamilton said it about Rosberg this race too

20. racerhead

racerhead Trackaholic

It was mentioned during the BBC broadcast over here that it was when a driver didnt use all the available DRS power and may be travelling slower than noormal.

David Coulthard (ex F1 driver) is one of the commentators and has nick named it the sitting duck light :crackup: