1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Happy gal! :)

DB7EF6FD-83CF-4F97-A467-6B89EE93B9DB.jpeg

rd400racer likes this.
  2. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Man other than the last 8 laps what a boring race... I even went and made a couple omelets, came back, and nothing had changed lol

You'd think w/ all the testing Ferrari did there'd be no issues, but jeeze, first race and out w/ a mechanical?! Gimme a break.

BigBird likes this.
  3. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Yep, predictably dull as dishwater....

4. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Cracks me up that Mercedes kept their utter shit sidepod design rather than design a good car.
    Anything that keeps Hamilton from winning is ok by me. Too bad red bull knows how to design a car.
    Not sure who I dislike more - Max or Lewis.

sdg, cpettit and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  5. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

The condescending prick or the arrogant one?

MrGooch and brex like this.
  6. six6two

six6two AWD

The only thing more pathetic than an arrogant #2 driver that doesn’t know his place… is arrogant #2 driver that doesn’t know his place and steers the media’s conversation from his consistent failure over to global politics… this season is going to be so epic!

LET’S GO ALONSO!!!

27 and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I found the entire race quite fascinating. I guess I enjoy watching paint dry.

dobr24 likes this.
  8. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

:clap:

9. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I dunno, I thought Alonso’s passes on Hamilton and Sainz were… well, I may have done a few victory laps around my living room. The man can drive.

six6two, cpettit and rd400racer like this.
  10. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I wasn't joking, I found it pretty fascinating. Then again I love all the intricasies that go into an entire F1 weekend. My advice to people that find it boring...don't watch. Pretty simple, huh. I don't watch sewing shows because I have no interest in it. Then again I don't join sewing forums and then go on and complain about how boring I find sewing.

Smilodon and six6two like this.
  11. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I know you weren’t joking, and…

:stupid:

six6two and rd400racer like this.
  12. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Alonso on Hamilton near the end was awesome. Stroll was kinda impressive too except for the part where he almost took out his team mate on the first lap. Red Bull....... Max was 38 seconds ahead of Alonso in 3rd at the end. Holy shit they are gonna make it boring this year.

six6two and dobr24 like this.
  13. BigBird

BigBird blah

14. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

27 likes this.
  15. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

motion and stk0308 like this.
  16. Letitsnow

Letitsnow Well-Known Member

The thing that makes me wonder - would Mclaren be up there with Red Bull if Alonso didn't throw a hissy fit back in the day?

17. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

No. The Ron Denis downfall is what lead to this for them. The Honda situation wasn't handled correctly but they were also losing sponsors and had to make a decision but regardless of the engine they don't have Adrian newey, he is the redbull magic.

Letitsnow likes this.
  18. cincigp

cincigp Well-Known Member

The F1 race was OK, but the F2 race on saturday
    The F2 race on Saturday was pretty good racing. There were actually multiple passes... on the same lap!

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You just described every F2 race. Even with the runaway win on Sunday, there was still good action behind.

cincigp likes this.
  20. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Watched laps 1-5, took a break and painted the guest room and then watched from lap 48 on.
    Didn't feel like I'd missed much.