1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

The "they" I was referring to, was Andretti-Cadillac. The only chance Marco will have to drive an F1 car, is if Michael lets him take out the car a few years after they put it on the show circuit.

Razr likes this.
  2. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

That being said, I saw for the WEC driver line-up this year that Jacques Villeneuve is driving.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

4. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

DrA5 likes this.
  5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Steeltoe likes this.
  6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Wear your shorts, don't be a pussy!

motion likes this.
  7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

F that. Don't need no problems with the morality police. Jeddah.... no problem. I saw joggers wearing them, so I cruised around in mine. The wimmens were eyeing me thru their slits!

8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

They see out of their slits?!

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

10. merle4

merle4 Menace to sobriety

That could get interesting.
    Handbags at Dawn

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  11. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  12. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Just saw F1 is going full zero emissions (electric) in 2030...

13. rwdfun

rwdfun

Wondering if this is why the Porsche deal fell through. I’m guessing RB started talking to Ford while still dealing with Porsche. RB worked a better deal from Ford and said see ya to Porsche. If it’s successful good for Ford. If not, thanks Ford for screwing over Max. Either way I’ll look on the bright side.

People can thank Netflix for maybe having 2 American car manufacturers in F1 by 2026. I think that show gave them the initial nudge to look at it. With both saying they are going full electric in the 2030s that could mean F1 actually does go full electric by the start of that decade. Other than Billionaires playing with their money, I always thought F1 was a wasted opportunity for carmakers to use the money they spent on racing to filter technology into road cars. Always seemed like a missed opportunity. Could be smart to use F1 popularity to sell the American public on electrification in the short term while developing the technology for the long term.

I know this place isn’t a haven for change embracers but putting range, recharge and sound issues aside. Electric has significant advantages over petrol.

14. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Rather watch my dog eat cat turds than watch eF1.

motion and mike w like this.
  15. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Fify

I had a leaf. Fun car, great for commuting. Not interested in e-racing, virtual or otherwise.

16. DrA5

I thought F1 was not going to go full electric, as that is what Formula E was for. Regardless, despite the torque and acceleration, I really can't find too many motorsports/racing fans that put e racing over petrol based racing. People gravitate to the sound of the v10s, v12s or even V8s. No one longs for the whine of a motor......

17. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

They will when there are so few racetracks you don't get to experience motor racing.

18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Steeltoe likes this.
  19. DrA5

World Endurance racing only has 6 rounds??????

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's more than the bikes, I think.