1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Like you, I was stunned hearing F1 cars for the first time at Indy. I think the pneumatic valve air sound was just as loud as the exhaust.

rd400racer likes this.
  2. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I love the AlphaTauri with hard tires :beer:

the white stripe just looks perfect…

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Mercedes just deployed the pimp hand!

Yzasserina, thrak410 and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  4. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Botox making Merc rethink dropping him a little late but great to see the two teams going back and forth with performance. Wish there were more teams up there.

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

6. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Howd I guess this was posted before the race. Bottas is serviceable when he's out front, but he can't pass for shit. He will fit in great at Alfa.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  7. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

lee955i likes this.
  8. BigBird

BigBird blah

There's also a lot of celebrities that do the MotoGP walk that don't talk to pit-lane reporters.

Ouch...outside of sounding misogynistic, your comments could also come about as racist, and just sounds stupid. Asking her if she has a rap for F1, that's a stupid question, Brundle should be reprimanded for asking dumb questions, instead he gets a clause now...GTFO

And, if you didn't know before, Megan Thee Stallion was actually shot by a gunman in her feet, hence why she has all the bodyguards.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
  9. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Sorry, I watched the entire walk and she was a pretentious twat. I think it's great and loved his response, which was basically get all these brain dead celebs that couldn't tell a 4 cylinder from a V12 off the grid and allow normal folks that have been F1 fans their entire life the thrill of walking the lane.

And did you notice that he interviewed a variety of actual A list personalities such as Rory and Ben and they were quite gracious and knowledgeable about the sport. Keeping the D list morons off the grid is a great start.

YoshiHNS and dobr24 like this.
  10. BigBird

BigBird blah

Obviously, she was there on business promoting the cash app, you think she cares about F1? She was working and she doesn't even know who Brundle is, heck most Americans don't know who he is.

Geri Horner posted a pic with them, #girlpower or something to the effect, so Megan obviously didn't appeal to you, but was appreciated by others.

11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Drive To Survive and F1's social media push since Liberty took over has changed the average US fan. F1 is evolving. Personally, I am happy to see the fan base diversify away from the hardcore motorheads and into mainstream and pop culture. You guys be sure to let me know if Billie Eilish makes an appearance on the grid!

BigBird likes this.
  12. rd400racer

But that's Brundle and F1's point...why are there people with zero interest in F1 walking through the pits taking up space. And I really don't care about the.0001% of people that are appealed by a D list celeb at best.

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

obviously she appealed to him enough for him to be bothered about it, no matter what grade you apply

14. rd400racer

He hits up who ever appears to be a celebrity walking by. From what I saw, there was nobody better so he gave her a shot. Bottom line I'm asking is, why is it so hard for some people to
    possess an ounce of class? That's all it would have taken to avoid this.

15. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

That's the $64K question I have for a lot of people. Apparently it's too hard for 1/2 of them.

rd400racer likes this.
  16. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

If you are going to crowd up the grid, you are fair game to be interviewed. If you don't like that, get your ass off the grid. There are too many people out there anyway.

Chino52405, Yzasserina and rd400racer like this.
  17. SBKBee

SBKBee Owner: FZ hotel

Wouldn't that be her hoof? She's M the Stallion!

DrA5 and BigBird like this.
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It looks like she should be more concerned with who she chooses to ride to the track with, not with the general public enjoying a day of racing.

19. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Whole incident was a bad look for everyone and I agree with the changes. Brundle really should try to be less of dipshit at all times - even Simon Crafar has shown growth - and the grid should be at the final judgement of F1 management. Megan could have stayed in RB hospitality and we should have had Chris Bosh helping Martin navigate who the non-racers were on the grid.

BigBird and Yzasserina like this.
  20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

LMAO! "normally when we fight in South Tyrol it looks different,” Steiner said."