1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Lewis still shorter than Shaq while on his podium box! :crackup:

2. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Went yesterday and today. Parking was an absolute shitshow today, and getting around the track was awful. But it was still a good time.

3. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Can’t be a bad day when you get to hear Formula 1 cars sing. :)

4. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

It looked like some kind of hippie, Burning Man thing as it was near a mushroom forest. Only sparsely populated area of the track. Not much activity around that tent all weekend. Texas doesn't seem to suffer dirty hippies, even if it's Austin.

5. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

They said on the telecast that they had 400k attendance. It sure looked like the place was STACKED. That turn 1 spectator mound was unreal. Liberty Media has turned out to be the Feld Entertainment of car racing for sure

6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Formula 1 cars haven't sang since 2013.

scottn, DrA5, HPPT and 1 other person like this.
  7. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

8. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

:flag:

9. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Bring back the V10

cpettit likes this.
  10. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

You're missing 2 cylinders!

Jed, tl1098 and DrA5 like this.
  11. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

It may be my age but those were my favorites. Back when they had qualifying engines that revved to the moon!

12. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

Pretty sure the 400,000 was combined attendance over the entire event. Still a great turnout for F1.

BigBird and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  13. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Anyone know what the attendance was for the MotoGP weekend? Nowhere near the F1 event for sure!

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

15. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Thanks for that. I still remember my first day at the Indy race in 2000. Early in the weekend and early in the day, as I was excited to be there. Well, they started up the first cars in the pits in that big bowl, and it was *amazing*. Like seeing your first top fuel dragster pass. I'd never heard anything fuel-powered like that.

Fast forward to 2014 and a motorcycle/train trip to the Montreal F1 race. Still excited to be there, waited for the cars to come by... Blah. Total disappointment. The support classes sounded better, let alone MotoGP, Indycar or IMSA. I know it is all in support of efficiency, but I hope they can do something about that in the future.

motion likes this.
  16. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I was at Indy in 2000 myself and know exactly what you mean. It was the first time I'd ever heard a Formula1 car live...damn near an orgasmic experience. My favorite place to watch the practice sessions was on the golf course side of the walkover bridge because it was only like 20' from the edge of the track as they screamed by. I miss those times and even if they come back, it won't be the same.

17. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Just now getting to FP1, stands are packed! :clap:

18. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Yep
    Hey Perez, where is the rest of your rear wing?

19. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

20. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

You could almost feel the heat of the rotors glowing from that little hill. That weekend was the loudest shit I ever experienced (AC/DC concerts inc.)
    I remember EVERYONE had ear protection, That was the day I damaged my hearing forever....