1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

Truthfully, i like F1 better without DRS, and all the non-sense for the show. Now i just follow LH and SV on the book of faces for my F1 indulgence.

2. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Well, once NASCAR adopted the same qualifying they had to change it to be different (better than those rednecks) :D

I like the idea of another set of tires (tyres) for Q3. I wonder if it'll be hard or soft or team choice.

From what I remember, they would only use 2 sets of soft in the qualifying so they had enough for the race. Many top teams used hard in the first session because they could still beat the slower cars using softs. If a slower team got lucky and got to Q3, but used two sets of softs to get there, they would sit out.

With the race start tire being the one used in Q2, it might get interesting, or it end up making the rich richer. If Red Bull can get to Q3 using the hard and start the race on hard, I would think that is more of an advantage than they already had.

Hoping the new rules/engines makes for a more competitive field. It wasn't bad within the field but Red Bull with Seb was pretty much unbeatable.

3. Crybaby™

This actually helped level the field a bit. Yoiu might be able to qualify up front on the softs, but then you had to pit after <10 laps putting you right back into the mess

So is LH still in love with his new Bulldog? That got pretty annoying on the twitters

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Let me clarify: I like the changes better than the 2013 format.

I never liked the rule requiring the teams to use two different compounds during the race. The tire manufacturers should make one tire that can go the race distance, and one that's focused on performance. Let the teams decide strategy.

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

He has two now :cool:

6. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I don't know you, but we're gonna get along just fine!:beer:

I've decided to stop hating everything else in life so that I can concentrate it all on Alonso and Ferrari.

Not sure who I' gonna route for now, however, as Kimi is dead to me again.

7. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

I get the hate towards Ferrari, but I don't understand why you wouldn't like Alonso. He's always been on of the strongest drivers and able to get good results even in slower cars.

Unless you're upset he beat Shumi a couple years in a row. But, Schumi drove for Ferrari so that doesn't make sense either.

I'm more of a Hamilton hater.

In other news, Martini is back! Still doesn't make up for the dick nose though.
    http://www.crash.net/f1/news/200860/1/first-look-martini-returns-with-williams-f1.html

[​IMG]

8. merle4

merle4 Menace to sobriety

Love the Martini livery. almost enough to overlook the cocksnout.

Papa, didn't find anything worthwhile for a different fantasy league. Lotsa wierd/complicated things out there, didn't see anything worth changing to. Would like a little more "challenge" but some of that stuff is crazy. Wanna look into it? If not, I'm ok w/ the current one.

Merle

9. Goodwood

Goodwood Well-Known Member

The results so far remind me of the mp4-18. I think rb will get it together before too long. We'll find out.

10. Crybaby™

Funny you should mention Hamilton. That is the time frame I started hating Alonso. He was a punk toward a rookie Hamilton and then tried to blackmail McLaren during the scandal with Ferarri.

Story has it that he told Ron Dennis that if didn't make him the #1 driver of the team and stop supporting Hamilton, he'd tell the FIA everything he knew about it. Ron did the right thing and told him if you know something he needed to tell the FIA the truth. Alonso was apparently willing to lie to the FIA to further his career.

Turns out not many inside McLaren actually knew anything about the data they got from an insider working at Ferarri, including Ron Dennis. Just an engineer, the test driver and Alonso knew of it and used the data during testing. There were emails from Alonso saying have we tested using the info we got from team B, or something to that affect. McLaren then took the huge penalty and Alonso left the team after the year. I've hated him ever since and it doesn't matter what team he's on, I'll root for him to crash out of every race.

Just checked Wiki to make sure it was actually Hamiltons rookie season and noticed there is a paragraph explaining some of it. It says that an earlier hearing resulted in no sanctions but later after the acquisition of new "evidence" another hearing was held. Alonso was not punished in return for testifying that he was involved. He's a real POS in my eyes

11. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

I honestly didn't know about Alonso's involvement with the Ferrari spygate. I always thought it was something to do with engineering and copied parts being put on the car.

Reading over that wiki, it looks like Hamilton also got off without penalty for providing evidence. Alonso looks bad because allegations of his blackmail came to light. Sounds like a lot of finger pointing and scapegoats when a lot of important pieces are involved. Not saying that that wasn't a dick move, but saying that it's enough to put him on my perma-shit list.

Anyways, if that's such a transgression, then there are a lot of big names that should be on your shit list too.

Senna, Prost and Schumacher were all involved in incidences that no only compromised the integrity, but also the safety of the sport.

12. Crybaby™

My recollection is that Hamilton wasn't involved with it at all. He testified to that. Alonso was a pretty integral part of using the "stolen" info and knew it was stolen. He got nothing for being deeply involved. Meanwhile McLaren was taken out of the constructors championship and fined something like 500 mil or some stupid amount of money. This was all at a time when Ferrari was looking for any way to beat McLaren their main rival

Conspiracy theorist say that the leak from Ferrari was known and possibly orchestrated by them hoping to catch McLaren. It's not like McLaren broke into Ferrari or stole a briefcase from them. Stepney, of Ferrari, got the info and offered it to a lower level engineer at McLaren who was looking to make name for himself.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Honestly, I don't have the energy. I made the suggestion in the other thread in case someone found something substantially better. But I'm not particularly interested in a sideways move. So let's go with the old one.

It's a strange coincidence how cheating scandals seem to follow Alonso around. There was also the Singapore assist from Piquet Jr.

And make no mistake: there's much hate for Schumacher. I really hope he recovers 100% to enjoy the fruits of his labor with his family for decades to come. But I hate that fucker. :D

Senna is the driver, hell, the racer I most admire. But I hated him.

Prost was only guilty of being a little bitch whiner.

14. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Papa, I gotta ask since I do respect your F1 opinion..

What did you think of Mansell?

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Loved him. Not very bright, but what a fearless driver. :D

16. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I just think he's a whiner. But I wouldn't hate him nearly as much as I do if he wasn't nearly as good as he is.

And I hate him extra for that.

17. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I would love to see Williams do well.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So the new Lotus team principal used to be Rod Stewart's saxophone player… Interesting career path! :)

20. Crybaby™

Seems similar enough to me. Both jobs make music. Although this year the F1 tune is noticeably flat.