1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The cold, it blows

Discussion in 'General' started by MGM, Dec 24, 2022.

1. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

Got home a night early in Knoxville. It’s currently 5 outside with winds around 10-15. It has come to my attention that E Tn doesn’t put enough anti-gel in the diesel formula. Ask me how I know..

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Power service diesel 911 and a new fuel filter.

Keep a jug in the truck, you might get lucky next time and catch it before the filter waxes.

tony 340 likes this.
  3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Shoulda bought a Tesla... :Poke:

:D

4. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I have spare filters/wrenches in all of my semis, and my guys run power service from November 1 to April 1.

If you park it in a heated garage overnight....or get a couple day stretch of 40° , drain your water seperstor.

Be glad you don't have an air compressor and air brakes.

That's an additional level of cold weather suck

Once a Wanker.. and GRH like this.
  5. What if the suspension is air? Can the cold cause problems with it?

Well technically it’s both. It’s 3-chamber air system over springs. But still, it uses air so there has to be a compressor.

It’s cold as balls here and I didn’t even think about any of that.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  6. auminer

^^^

7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Did you recently buy some TSLA stock?

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Buy low, sell lower :D

9. auminer

Not a snowballs chance. That valuation is beyond absurd even with the recent price cut.

I'm just messing with the Gorilla.

SundaySocial and Gorilla George like this.
  10. :crackup:

Fuck that. I’d rather walk.

StaccatoFan, YamahaRick and tony 340 like this.
  11. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

What? with your bad back?

12. Absolutely.

13. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I've had the pressure relief valve freeze open on a -15 day a few times....that sucked. Brakes wont release

There are heaters in the air dryers, but they do go bad

Also have had brake drums freeze to the shoes. We park on flat ground and don't set brakes in the stupid cold

I've been told the guys in Alaska are exempt from all the EPA and DEF rules.....DEF also has to be heated , it's around 65% water

With as often as you sell cars, you shouldn't have any problems with your air bags. I've had them go bad but never anything less than 10yrs old

We use a product called Kilfrost on all of our trailer air connections, and dump a few shot glasses worth in the air tanks in October before winter gets going

BigBird and Gorilla George like this.
  14. VIP gym member :D

The gym is closed, but she (Manager) said me and the wife could workout as long as we want as long as we promised not to let anyone else in.

The staff turned all the lights off but one, locked all the doors, and went home. We are the only 2 people in the whole place.

She showed me the last light switch to turn off and the one side door to go out which locks behind me. Then she asked me to text when we leave.

Pretty damn cool of them.

9110B0A3-260F-475B-BA5F-C1810ADDD505.jpeg

D8723D7D-89E9-41F6-BF0D-28E8274D9538.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 24, 2022
    BigBird, MELK-MAN and skidooboy like this.
  15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's not your home gym? Man, you're small time.

16. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

So which of those machines aren't you using today? And you'll probably hate having it all to yourself, there's no one to race...

BigBird and Gorilla George like this.
  17. Nah my home gym is much, much bigger. I just come here for the competition. :D

Those pictures aren’t even half of it. Around the corner is all the cardio stuff, like 50 of each type of machine. Then there are 5 rooms for classes, a separate CrossFit gym area, and 2 full size basketball courts.

18. Yeah, that last part does suck. Haha. But at least I’m guaranteed to not have to wait on anything.

They must trust me because everything is out. The smoothie/supplement area is sitting there open with tons of supps, the offices aren’t even closed up. Not to mention all the equipment and basketballs and shit.

But I’d never take anything that isn’t mine. I think they know that. I’ve been a member here forever.

BigBird, Boman Forklift and skidooboy like this.
  19. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

that is so cool of them to trust you like that! being loyal has it's perks. Merry Christmas to you and the Mrs., Chris.

Ski

20. Same to you :beer: