1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 2022-2023 NFL season.

Discussion in 'General' started by Sabre699, Aug 8, 2022.

Tags:
  1. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

If Christian Eriksen is any example we have a great chance Hamlin will recover and be back on the field soon. For reference, Christian Eriksen is a worldclass danish soccer player who suffered from cardiac arrest on the field and was "gone for a few minutes" and he made a full recovery and is back playing full time.

tl1098, cpettit and BigBird like this.
  2. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to Chris Pronger in the NHL.. took a puck to the chest and started skating away and down he goes. He made a full recovery as well.

BigBird and cpettit like this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

As they went to break right after that play and I saw 3-4 trainers already out there and players from both sides kneeling I told Evelyne it was a really bad one. Didn't expect the final outcome of course.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Takes a while to make sure everyone who needs to be a part of a call like that is informed of the situation - I've had plenty of times where I knew what we'd do before the ambulance even left the track but still had to wait to make the call.

BigBird likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Christ isn't a level one Trauma center. Dislike UCMC it is still the best in the city for trauma.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Haven't gone looking for info yet today but I'd guess they've got postponement protocols in place for weather and such. It's tough to get it in this week since both have games set for next Sunday but also not sure there is any other option if they don't want to cancel.

BigBird likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We've had a few racers have heart attacks at the track who got medical care quickly and survived too.

henry_carlson and BigBird like this.
  8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Shit has hit the fan around here with what parents expect out of coaches and the schools today. A bunch of moms blasted out emails and calls to the ADs.
    “Why aren’t the coaches trained in CPR?
    Um, they are.
    “Well, why are there not heart defibrillators on the sidelines during games?
    Um, there are. Along with people trained with them. The coaches, the athletic trainers, the AD. . .
    Now pissed ladies: well why isn’t there a licensed doctor on site during games.
    Well, in the case of girls lacrosse there are two, both volunteers.
    Well, we need an ambulance on site during games!!!
    Well, during football and some other sports, there is one on site along with the fire station 2 miles away and a second fire station with ambulance service 6 miles away also available.

Waiting now for the next series from this “committee.”

2blueYam, noles19, BigBird and 2 others like this.
  9. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't think anyone including the medical staff expected that once they got to him

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, indefinite postponement at this point, not going to play it this week for sure per the NFL. Best move they could make the way things are and given it was the Monday game.

dtalbott likes this.
  11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I think I misinterpreted foo's post. Christ is a hospital in Cleveland?

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That was my guess. The alternative seemed beyond our current transportation capabilities.

BigBird likes this.
  13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Sorry! No, both are hospitals in Cincinnati. I had been tailgating for 8 hours when that post was made...

14. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Yeah, but it is a common expression for death.

BigBird likes this.
  15. BigBird

BigBird blah

which is what I originally thought he meant, but realized it was a hospital

16. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Christ is in Cincinnati, in fact I was just there this morning. as far as Trauma UC is by far the best in Greater Cincinnati but overall Christ is a great hospital. In fact based on reputation Christ where I chose to work with for my kidney Transplant and most of my aftercare. I wouldn't step foot in UC unless I had to and in this case it would have been my first choice.

17. tjnyzf

tjnyzf Well-Known Member

Seems like hospitals good at trauma suck at everything else and vice versa. 2021 when I got runover on the interstate they took me to Erie County Medical Center. They quickly got me through CT scans, MRI and X rays, and made sure from a trauma standpoint I was good. After that the rest of the care sucked. They sent me home 8 hours later with all the blood dried onto my face still there and when I asked about all the gravel in all the road rash I had the response was go home and take a shower! My daughter ended up coming over and cleaning it all out for me…

18. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Kinda like an endurance race.... the repair doesn't have to look pretty, it just needs to be good enough to get you back in the race.:D

BigBird likes this.
  19. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

BigBird and Yzasserina like this.
  20. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member