1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TECH???????????????????????????

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by prov novice#80, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Gonna take riders school an run my first race at vir in march. When i take my bike to tech should i remove the fairings, leave them on, take them with me or what. What ablout my leathers an helmets should i wear them or carry them to tech.

I have a 06 gsxr 1000, do i need to install catch cans, do i have to run case guards.

Thanks guys.........

2. meanseeds

meanseeds Well-Known Member

it'll save time if you carry all your fairings so they can inspect the mounts

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Lowers off and no need to bring them with. The corner workers will tell us if you don't have a belly pan or things are loose. Helmet/boots/gloves/leathers need to go through but do not have to be done at the same time as the bike.

4. thanks, do you have to wear your gear or can u just carry it to tech.

5. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

carry it.

6. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Carrying it works. So does one question mark ;)

Good luck and have fun in March :beer:

7. thanks, cant wait

8. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

I take my lower off the bike the night before and fill out my tech sheet. I get up the next morning and go to registration, come back to my pits and get my bike and gear, go straight to tech with my form from registration and my tech form. I come back from tech, put on my warmers, and reinstall my belly pan while the tires are heating up.

I keep extra forms with me. It saves a ton of time to fill that stuff out the night before while I'm sitting around doing nothing.

9. thanks man sounds good

10. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

I do it a little different :D

11. gixxersmitty

I knew I was doing something wrong. :D

12. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I wear my gear to tech...

13. gixxersmitty

I usually do the same. I depends on what practice group I am and whether or not I get out of registration in time to get suited up.

14. randomwalker

randomwalker Well-Known Member

Just to make sure, by "lowers off," you mean just the belly pan needs to be removed before taking the bike for tech?

15. gixxersmitty

Yes.

16. Eaton_corners

Eaton_corners Active Member

Why is taking the belly pan off necessary, and how do you know the pan is legal if you don't bring it?
    To clarify, I am planning to race my Buell 1125 with only the bare minimum body work, ie. belly pan only, no side panels.

17. gixxersmitty

The pan comes off to allow the tech inspector to see that the motor is properly wired. It all has to be a quick process or people are late to practice. You dont want a tech inspector taking 5 minutes to look through the openings on a belly pan on the bike in front of you when he could have done it all in about 10 seconds without it.

As for the legality of the belly pan, any aftermarket belly pan is made to serve its purpose which is catch fluids. Most bikes run race bodywork so its a given it has a legal pan with it. Officials on the track look for these things as well. If you go out and dont have it or its not sufficient, you probably wont make it onto the track.

18. The Provisional status should only last 1-2 weekends; i wonder if the OP put that into consideration when choosing his screen name? :D

19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

:crackup:

20. KNickers

KNickers Well-Known Member

With the 1125 belly pan (no side panels) tech can easily see everything is wired properly with the pan on so its usually ok to just leave it on.