1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tattoo Artists

Discussion in 'General' started by omatter34, Nov 15, 2021.

1. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Are there any good forums, etc to find a good artist in a particular area. It's been about 6 years since my last one and this one will be the most complex so far. I'm willing to travel, but would like to keep it somewhat local to the Tampa area as I am sure it will take a number of sessions. I would rather not have to fly or drive more than a couple hours if possible.
    Yes, I know they are permanent, but want to explore the best options in my area before expanding the search further.
    Google, etc return countless options in the area with great reviews, so that isn't much help.

2. Itey

Itey Well-Known Member

IG is a good place to start looking for the artist that specializes in what youre looking for. I stumbled across my guy on the book of face. Amazing work but stays booked out about 2.5 years.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
  3. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

this for starters.

what style are you after? I know a few dudes from Tampa with a ton of tats and in that "scene" per se. I can ask.

4. omatter34

Black and grey realism is what I would consider it. Want to have the movements of some watches tied together in a fairly large piece.

5. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Where are you located?

6. omatter34

Tampa area. I'm just a little north of Tampa, but anything in the greater Tampa Bay area is well within reach.

7. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Earl funk Orlando

8. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Trinity tattoo I believe

9. omatter34

A quick search looks like he is now at "The East" in Orlando. I'll definitely check out his work. Thanks for the recommendation.

10. Sweatypants

My buddy said:

Joshua Schellenberg would definitely nail it.
    Also Marcus Lund at Fox and Spyder.

So maybe try those.

omatter34 likes this.
  11. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

12. omatter34

Thanks. JS looks like he does great work.

13. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Gotcha. Dontvknow anyone that way. My cousin does work in Wilmington NC

14. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

got some serious road rash scars on my forearm from a dirtbike wreck a few months ago... looking for feedback on my first tattoo scar coverup(first in general).

How many pain pills do i need for something like this over my entire, inner forearm?

I guess i'm aiming for a the most realistic image possible(hyper realism?)

Still investigating peoples work, not in a rush at all. I hear the scar needs to heal for a while.

art inspired by Alice: Madness Returns video game

Alice_Madness_Returns_17a.jpg

69544848_2352617688119215_871784601951928320_n.jpg

15. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Forearm ain’t too bad. Definitely way worse places on the body.

pfhenry likes this.
  16. pfhenry

do people still do that glow in the dark ink?

something like this for that

141398380_3569027079811597_3015848518313147700_n.jpg

17. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

No idea man. Sorry. Honestly this is the first time I’ve heard of it. Sounds cool though.

18. Sudowoodo

Sudowoodo Error 404: Skill not found

A lot of tattoo artists have numbing spray they can apply if you'd like. Hardcore bros with 1 wolf tattoo will scoff at the idea, stating pain is part of the experience, but it's really nice to be able to relax the whole session. Inner forearm isn't bad though.

Sweatypants and pfhenry like this.
  19. Sweatypants

normally, a forearm tat is something you could probably sit there all day for and one of the single easiest places to get a tattoo. "a few months back" depending on how bad, they might tell you that you have to wait longer before getting tatted. talk to the artist. generally... scar tissue hurts more, and is more fragile and easier to rip apart, so the artist has to take special care and not be a heavy handed type. how much more? i can't say as it probably depends on the injury, the tissue, the location, and your personal pain response, but it'll probably be somewhere between worse than normal and totally bearable.

I've seen a burn victim lady who's entire chest was melted scar tissue from a bad fire accident have her entire chest done to cover it, so anything's doable.

20. pfhenry

high pain tolerance in general but for whatever reason needles wig me out.

I'm sure it will take 3 full days for the amount of detail and area for the desired art effect I want...

Also I've watched a ton of artist videos on youtube(Inked)..

I want to spend no more than $3500 and get a full on art peice for on my entire forearm if that much(normal cost?)
    not a generic coverup or blkout.

current horse penis on my forearm 6-7 months
    looks very noticeable when I'm exercising or sweating my balls off in GA.
    rsz_20220526_172033.jpg