1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SV650 rules

Discussion in 'General' started by WARPED63, Jan 25, 2000.

1. WARPED63

WARPED63 Member

Sean,I was wandering if we couldn't just limet the motors on the SV's and Aprilias to supersport rules for D super . AS a Hawk owner I know what a piece of crap the stock seat and subframe is to deal with. I would hate to see a guy show up with a different subframe or wheels and not be able to race in D super. I just like to see big grids in this growing class. Thanks !

2. As a Hawk/SV owner, I think the SV "non-stock" subframe is okay, as long as a stock seat base is used. Trick wheels on a SV are fine, in light twins only. Aprilia & Suzuki are selling these bikes as "cup" machines. They really deserve a true supersport class, just like all the other "cup" bikes! Superbikes only muddy up the water.

3. WERA

WERA Administrator

The SS rule for the SV's was done to make enforcement easier since we already have those rules written out. It's also easier for people to understand rather than getting to the point where we have to write out specific changes allowable on every different type of machine made. That would make the rulebook a bit hard to toss into the toolbox when they are both the same size...

Now for the devils advocate part of me - why would anyone need to change the subframe and wheels? The used SV market isn't big enough at this point that there are people buying them with aftermarket wheels so they should all have stock wheels laying around somewhere. As for the subframe - I'll reserve judgment til I can go eyeball one, but why would you have to remove it?

4. wera122

wera122 Guest

Totally unrelated Sean, but I just noticed the HMFIC title under your name and I'm still laughing. Good one! [​IMG]

5. WERA

WERA Administrator

Couldn't resist [​IMG]

There was a request in a different thread to change the staus designations so they didn't read member and I thought I'd try to be funny... I'll have to change it before I start to believe it though - the true HMFIC is Evelyne and I know better than to forget that!

6. wyldkat1

wyldkat1 Well-Known Member

LMAO...you may hafta change it but it's still funnier than hell Sean [​IMG]

7. wera122

wera122 Guest

I found a loophole. Just put BBS in front of HMFIC and you're safe. All of our titles have BBS in front of them, and it would make us feel better that you were somehow related to us common folk. [​IMG]

8. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

what's the difference between BBS Expert and BBS Novice? [​IMG]

9. wyldkat1

Ok, expert and novice is just a classifiction the BBS uses for people posting.
    In other words, if you post alot, you will become an "expert" or "member" whereas you post rarely you stay a "novice"...

That's how that works right Sean??

10. WERA

WERA Administrator

That's pretty much it. Once you run your mouth (or in this case keyboard) enough, you go expert [​IMG]

11. WERA

WERA Administrator

Dunno if I can get away with the BBS thing either, might get the true webmaster mad... I think I have an idea though. Stay tuned.

12. WERA

WERA Administrator

There, now this title is much more appropriate and realistic [​IMG]

13. wera122

wera122 Guest

Now yer thinkin! I like it.

I've been thinking too, about a good reason to change the seat rules that are being discussed so heavily on this BBS. But first, a disclaimer to let you know this is a total smart arse answer and is in no way intended to offend anyone, but rather bring a smile to your face on an otherwise cold, dreary winter day.

I should be able to use a different tail section/seat since my 3-digit number wouldn't fit, and I had to cut the numbers and shorten them so they would fit and they look like crap! What better reason could you need? [​IMG]

14. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Are you using 6" numbers for the tail? Only 8" are required for the front.

15. wyldkat1

Yeah, what Sean said...run yer mouth a bit and post away and you become an "expert" lmao

Like the new classification Sean....lmao [​IMG]

16. wera122

wera122 Guest

It's not really a problem Tracee, but thanks for the input. It has more to do with the shape of the tail piece and the way the number plate is on it. Don't mind me, I'm just whining. It really doesn't look that bad, I was just being an instigator. I should behave myself.

17. Shannon Huffman

Shannon Huffman Well-Known Member

You know, if wyldkat ever does start racing he will be easy to spot in the paddock area. He'll be the guy who laughs just a little too much and has no ass. "LMAO" [​IMG]

18. wyldkat1

<LMAO>

Funny Shannon....funny hehe

Notice i haven't posted much?? Been taking the advice of working on the bike....if all goes well will be hitting the track about mid-season....should have just enough ass left to fit on the seat!!!

</LMAO> [​IMG]

19. WERA476

WERA476 Well-Known Member

Might wanna save some of that ass for more than just the seat. I just go finished with my first season. Spent part of it sliding on mine. Don't wish crashes on anybody for sure, but you are going to be in for a eye opening experience to say the least.

20. wyldkat1

<NLMAO>

Oh yeah...never thought about that...

Just hadta mess with Shannon anywhos...lol

</NLMAO> [​IMG]