Summit Point Roll Call 4/2-4/3, 2011

Discussion in 'General' started by Suburbanrancher, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

What this guy said. I pre-registered for Saturday and Sunday, since I have a new set of rains from VIR mounted up I'm set no matter what :D

2. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

I haven't registered for the WERA end but Roger has my money, rain or shine. I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict rain on Saturday for my first race experience, seeing as how my very first track day was a soaker at summit.

3. 418

418 Expert #59

That's nice you can financially afford to just give money away but some guys I know have a budget for the year and if it means waiting for better weather to go ride and have some fun, as they're doing it for just that - fun, then that's what they'll do. If you were gonna only come out 3 or 4 times during the year, you're gonna make sure you can get your bang for the buck.

I think it's admirable and I'm all about supporting WERA but you can't bag on the guys that don't want to come out because the weather is miserable.

p.s. You guys are jumping the gun on the weather anyways. Things will change ten time before the weekend gets here. Hope for the better. :up:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  4. UR35

UR35 David

All signed up rain or shine I will be there.

5. primo

primo Well-Known Member

I'll be there Fri/Sat/Sun with beer and wine :beer:

6. MX121

MX121 Well-Known Member

Be there friday night. Have rains mounted from VIR also.

7. K98TOOM

K98TOOM @theoldcorner

preppin the camper now, be there thursday at 5!

on what tom said.... I would like to do CMP the weekend after summit... I dont have the funds for repairs from a rain race and to get there. last time I raced in the rain/cold (2008 summit in april) I was sick for a week, cant afford that either

after watching the superbike race, I'm gonna go check my wheels for stress cracks! see ya thursday!

8. foster

foster Well-Known Member

That was one of the craziest things I've seen!

9. MX121

MX121 Well-Known Member

If you had Michelins you wouldn't have that problem.:D

10. primo

primo Well-Known Member

:stupid:

11. Photos by Marty

Photos by Marty Active Member

12. HenryZX6R

HenryZX6R Well-Known Member

I will be there

13. dale-505

dale-505 Ride Safe!

Planning on being there Sunday!

14. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

We'll be there with either an ancient Honda, a modern Suzuki, or a case of beer, depending upon the vagaries of fortune and what I either break or fix in the interim...

15. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

Ill be there all weekend rain or shine. and if you need VP race fuel see my ad in the classifieds

16. foster

foster Well-Known Member

42 degrees Friday 44 Sunday. This is going to be rough.

17. primo

primo Well-Known Member

I got my long johns ready :clap:

18. KillerCam

KillerCam KillerCam Racing

I had to work but somehow it got cancelled. I will be there ready to go racing and I am ready for a great weekend of racing. It's my B day on Sat so let's have a great time. :clap:

19. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

It's nice that you think you know what I can afford. What I can't afford is for WERA to go tits-up and me to be left holding the bag on a whole shop full of racebikes and no use or market for them because the biggest racing organization in this half of the country is gone. I tend to look WAY down-range. Works for racing, works for financial planning.

So I have stated out loud and publicly that I will make a commitment to show up and race, just as Evelyne and Sean have made a commitment to hold the event. Think it through. If there is a foot of snow on the ground in Charles Town on Thursday evening, I will stay home. If I leave my entry money with WERA (it's not refundable anyhow...) then I'm out about $270. If $270 is the difference between whether I can attend another round later in the season, I have no business racing in the first place. That's my opinion. Racing is expensive, to a degree, and there is certainly a lower limit to how broke you can be and still go racing. Do I want to lose $270? No. But I have spent more to get a hell of a lot less a thousand times in my life.

If I drive to Summit Point, I'll race. I might go slow as hell if it is raining, but so will everybody else. It is NOT a given that I would crash. Based on my own record (zero racing rain crashes ever as opposed to three pretty severe dry racing crashes) I would be well advised to not race if it DOESN'T rain.

20. got40

got40 On hiatus...