1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Street/Trackday Tire Test

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by BigBird, Dec 28, 2010.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

3. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

I haven't tried the Q2's but I have been absolutely amazed with the performance of the Power Pures. I managed to get 12 days out of a set, a third of them in pouring rain. They're the first street tire that I've ever gotten a knee down in the rain with. My warmers stayed in my trailer pretty much the whole season. great frickin tires! :up:

4. mr fatback

mr fatback Well-Known Member

I never could get the Q2s to last more than 2 days at jennings.I ran the power race medium last year was happy with them.They would last 4 days at jennings.I could get a couple a extra days if I mixed in some days at homestead it seems much easier on the tire.Now that I can't get the power race I'm goin to power one $239 shipped.I've never been able to get the tire life some of you guys post.Shit my fork oil only lasts 5-6 days before I start to feel it fade.

5. MikeyP

MikeyP Well-Known Member

What pressures do you run them at?
    I'm on my second set 31F/28R. I have noticed slower warm up times, probably due to cooler temps along with some predicable sliding.

6. chasek

chasek Member

Where the hell are you finding power ones for 239? I want some

7. mr fatback

sportbiketrackgear.com

8. ccmhunt

ccmhunt Well-Known Member

I don't see that price....sets are aroung 359$?

9. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

He didnt say anything about power ones, only power races.

10. R6guy

R6guy Still fast in my world

Cycle Gear had a special on the Q2's for 199 a set this weekend.

11. mr fatback

You are correct.The specials are over I'm pissed I didn't pull the trigger and buy a couple a sets when I had seen it.

12. chasek

chasek Member

Sad i missed the sale on the power ones also. Going to try out some Q2 for that price though thanks for the heads up:beer:

13. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

same.

14. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I think i ran 30/30 on an r1 and the power pures were awesome gave me the confidence to get a knee down on my first track day. i dont think you ca go wrong with eaither tire.

15. CNI Dawg

CNI Dawg Well-Known Member

I want a couple of sets of those Power Ones @ $239 a set !!!!

16. Cody W.

Cody W. Well-Known Member

i have a set of corso rosso's and they work great...good warm up, great traction and long lasting....i put the warmers on before get on track and second turn have a knee down...going to try the q2s next though.