1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting out in mini racing, which bike

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by ibidu1, Feb 27, 2022.

1. Speedy Spears

Speedy Spears Member

Lectron came in but having issues with a hanging idle. I've tried multiple combos of adjusting the metering rod, speed screw, and idle and she still won't come back down from higher rpms after revving. But the rep from Lectron has been great thus far, so hopefully we get it sorted when they're back in the office Monday. From what I've read and the rep's response, it seems like I may have bad luck and got a lemon.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  2. Speedy Spears

Speedy Spears Member

Last update on the Lectron, after sending roughly 30 emails back and forth, sending tons of videos of the bike running to them. We still couldn't get the Lectron hanging idle problem fixed and I'll end up staying with the OEM. I'm pretty disappointed with their "technical support", and even more disappointed they charge a 15% restock fee for returns. For an $800 carb that didn't work, it'd make sense to pay the return shipping and maybe a $50 restocking fee to clean and replace the fuel lines. But to pay $120 bucks to return something that was proven to not work properly, is pretty frustrating. The OEM carb works fine, its just is a pain to clean and re-jett for big altitude changes, thus why I wanted the lectron in the 1st place. I'm glad they work for some riders but after experiencing their lack of customer service and expensive return fees, I personally will never buy from them again.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

sucks they couldnt help you.

4. voss555

voss555 Well-Known Member

We spent a ton of time on ours and still had lingering hang up, but down to the point that it was never an issue on track. I found jet changes were pretty easy though? Just drain the bowl, pull the cap off the bottom and the main is right there?

5. Speedy Spears

Speedy Spears Member

Yeah the oem really isn’t that bad, after the jd jet kit and the adjustable leak jet the bike rips. Just loved the idea of a lower maintenance option.