1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SpaceX

Discussion in 'General' started by Chasbro, Sep 28, 2019.

1. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Perfect! No late boom either!

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  2. Jed

Jed mellifluous

With all of one foot to spare at the side of the landing pad.

mpusch likes this.
  3. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Psssh, that's plenty!

4. rwdfun

rwdfun

Sooooo. It's been a while. At this point Musk might be aiming to launch BN4 / SN20 (i.e. Launch 420) on 4/20/22. Probably even make the time 4:20pm

5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

6. rwdfun

rwdfun

Sooooo. It’s now been a very very very long time. They’re now at S24/B7 and hoping for late Feb/early March 2023

I’m laughing at all those YouTube “content creators” that moved to Boca Chica to cover all the launches from there. Get a real job and stop trying to make a buck of others work.

7. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

I'm not hearing the content, creators, crying, I actually appreciate the non-main stream information that we get, sure there’s some cheerleading, but overall we’re getting more information than we could’ve ever dreamed of without those same content creators. Hell, one even got selected for a fly by the moon.

mpusch likes this.
  8. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't mind the number of choices we get there. Tim and NSF especially are very deserving of the support they get.

9. rwdfun

rwdfun

Funny. That’s the same DB I was thinking about when I said it. EAD err EDA has really parlayed his initial schtick, which I enjoyed, into much ado about nothing. What a waste of a seat. We already know how that’ll go. A bunch of ooos and ahhhs and not much informational. His interviews with Elon and access to Boca were a waste. He seemed more interested in trying to impress Elon with his knowledge than finding out new info and asking legit questions which would’ve engaged Elon during his tours.

I appreciate Lab and the flyovers and the people that actually film and photograph the site. All the groups, NSF included, that just talk about that content I can do without. NSF is utter stupidity. They seem to bring in the outsiders to their streams which is good but don’t offer answers to basic questions. Again. They seem to want to impress people rather than inform. That’s what the MSM people could bring. More of a story telling expertise the other lack.

Even Labs live discussions of the flyovers leaves something to be desired. Not exactly sure how the lady is on that stream but she is horrible with her comments. Is that Boca Chica Girl, Mary?

10. rwdfun

rwdfun

Why exactly?

11. lizard84

I’m sensing hate with a side helping of jealousy.

12. rwdfun

rwdfun

I’m sensing deflection with a side helping of knob slobbing

13. lizard84

Elon Musk actually credited Tim for an important improvement to the to the starship based on a Q & A they had. Mr Musk obviously considers Tim deserving despite your opinion.

14. lizard84

Excellent weather for the super heavy launch today, even from Florida’s west coast we had great views and the side booster re-entry burns were visible.

mpusch likes this.
  15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Crew 6 launching in 30 minutes.

16. thunderalley3

thunderalley3 Well-Known Member

Just came inside from watching the glow cross the sky. It was almost out of site before the sound made it to Daytona.

It is something I always enjoy seeing, I can watch the initial few seconds of lift off on tv and then it is in view as I walk out the door.

Steeltoe likes this.
  17. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

Such a neat thing to see!

We flew to FL a few days ago to visit family. While here I took the drive to tour Kennedy Space Center with my daughter earlier in the day and being able to see this most recent launch with her from where we are staying was the perfect compliment to our visit!

It was amazing to learn how much goes into each launch, no matter who is doing it.

mpusch and cpettit like this.
  18. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Launch attempt dates are actually firming up. No launch license yet, but Monday, April 10th is what they're working towards.

Chance of scrub remains high, but if it launches it's going to be something special...

19. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

33 Raptor motors going off at once will be pretty spacial!

mpusch likes this.
  20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Boca Chica is only a 10 hour drive for me.

When they get a few under their belt, and get more predictability/reliability, I WILL go see one of these.

The first one would be cool as shit due to the admitted likelihood of utterly spectacular failure.

mpusch likes this.