1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So who are the Adv riders here?

Discussion in 'General' started by rd400racer, Mar 19, 2018.

1. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Do they sell maps of those routes or something? I can't watch that whole video lol.

2. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

That's over 2 hours. Yer getting slack.

brex likes this.
  3. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Yeah, but who uses a map? They talk less after the first 20 minutes or so.

4. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

some friends rode the WYBDR the last week but they aren't back yet but sounds like they really enjoyed it. Looking forward to hearing about it..

stk0308 likes this.
  5. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

please let us know.

6. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Friend of mine just got back a couple weeks ago from the WYBDR...he said it was Wonderful and so far the best BDR he has done yet, which is saying something..

5axis and jrsamples like this.
  7. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

^ That's what I'm thinking.

When I was last riding WY, there was no BDR and I never came close to Yellowstone. It was spectacular, but gotta have a lot of gas.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Should have that covered now..:)
    [​IMG]

5axis, gt#179, Stumpy and 4 others like this.
  9. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

how many?

10. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

10'ish..+

11. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

A tanker! And I thought my 6.9 was special.

12. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

I smell sulfur in that picture . . . .

Cheers,

Dave

Britt likes this.
  13. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

You mean AGM Sulfur mixed with the fragrance of smoked Regulator Rectifier and a hint of burned FuelPump & Rhododendrons ??
    Yeah me too...amazing almost like I was there:crackup:
    .[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
    ducnut likes this.
  14. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Thinking of doing a big trip, my life and job let's me quit when I want to and travel. It would be next year, quiting my job in 2 weeks and going kiteboarding in Egypt for a month, then turkey, greece, back to Egypt then Madasgar for a while. I want to take a bike to Argentina Patagonia to go fly fishing. What's my best option? I want something light, not a bmw that I need a small village to help me lift the bike up

15. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

DR650, XR400, XR650, etc.

16. Captain Morgan

I think it will be a lot of long paved roads, and strait. Know you have done a lot of long trips. Do you get lots of vibration cruising at speed with those bikes? It's a long trip,

17. Captain Morgan

It's funny just thought of you, meet a guy in Nepal, at the last resort bungee jumping and doing the bridge swing that rode his royal enfield all the way from goa across the whole of India, and if anyone's every been to India you know nothing works and everything is a pain in the ass, have a lot of respect for him, thousands of miles and a lot of shitty roads

18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I missed the long roads part... I thought you just needed something local. Yeah those bikes do vibrate and are not great for long pavement days, unless you can keep the speed down to 55mph or so. Where will you be riding to/from?

19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

One of my goals is to ride from Delhi to Bangkok. For sure everything is difficult over there, especially if you're on a Royal Oilfield.

20. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Nah, you got the bugs worked out by now.