1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So Mongo...

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

You'd need a time machine to go to 2008ish
    Plus, at that point in his life, the engine builder was a complete jackass.

2. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Well screw him for not letting me know ahead of time. I could have gotten some new electronics and some sneakers out of the deal.

4. Jedb

5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

So do we pause the current program for a bit and explain this? I was actually in racing again at this time, but don't think I've heard this story? A link to the previous discussion, would also be fine, but would probably waste a bunch more of me time versus the condensed story. :D

6. Jedb

It was Oregon. Said engine builder got pissy in the pits and drove across a hot track to leave.
    Got suspended from being on track / at track during official events.

Think of it as a multi game suspension for kicking dirt on the umpire. :D

7. Boman Forklift

Is this builder still in the PNW and used to be on here a bunch with high horsepower claims, that people would tease him about?

8. Jedb

:cool::D
    #notsayin_justsayin

9. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

So I guess no one saw the post that the ban has been removed and now the blame is being directed at the official?

The story has clearly evolved but no one mentioned it in this thread

10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Spill it...

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The official took their own hat and hit themselves with it? Huh. Well, to each their own, if one of our officials did that they'd be fine :crackup:

12. Boman Forklift

:D LOLOLOL What happened to the laughing emoji?

13. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I'll fire a shot from the other side of the fence... Did the official say/do something that caused the rider to lose his cool? Not saying that laying hands on someone is acceptable in that circumstance, but I like to understand all sides of the story before issuing judgement.

The first CCS race I attended, I was nearly thrown out. Going through tech, my number 1 had a serif on it. The numbers were underneath the clearcoat. One of the three tech people made mention of it and I said I would take care of it back in the pits. Then I see another tech guy pull a small pocketknife out of his pants and starts carving at the number. I very clearly told him to stop and he didn't listen so I smacked the knife out of his hand. Shortly after returning to my pit, I get called up to tech and they are ready to throw me out. Fortunately, Kevin was there and the situation was resolved without me having any recourse. Not sure what was said to the tech guy, but it's none of my business.

14. Hyperdyne

Well, if the rider was ready to throw down, maybe the official told him the first shot was on the house :D

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well that's an entirely different thing, no one talks about official....well can't talk about it sorry :D

16. Hyperdyne

I don;t know anything about the situation. I just know deep down inside the official's name didn't start with Reggie :D

noles19 likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Or Terrance....

fastfreddie likes this.
  18. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

LOL.....smart move wouldn't be to smack Reggie.

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

or Terrance...and damn sure not Kevin.

Sabre699 likes this.
  20. Hyperdyne

There would be many life lessons learned from that situation.

Sabre699 likes this.