Sharepoint Help

Discussion in 'General' started by cBJr, Jun 18, 2013.

1. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Is anybody here good with Sharepoint? I'm a new user, trying to develop stuff for our group to use. Our company currently uses Sharepoint 2007, without the use of Excel services. Thus far, my group only uses it to store files. We'd like to start adding more external content to display information on different pages, without having to open files.

So, my current idea is to use Excel to create content that I want to display, such as project status charts. I wrote a macro, so that when I close my excel sheet, it saves a copy of the worksheet to a .htm file. Then, I display that htm file on my sharepoint page, using a Page Viewer Web part.

This method works great, until I add hyperlinks. Hyperlinks created in Excel open within the webpart, so I have a page within a page. I really want the links to open the page directly. I know there are html tags to change how a link opens, but I don't have these options starting with Excel, or within the sharepoint options that I can tell. Anybody got any ideas?

2. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Ok, I've figured out an easier question to ask. In excel, how do I change a hyperlink so that the html target:="_blank" or "_top" instead of target:="_parent" which seems to be the default?

3. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Bump.

4. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I have to admit what line of work are you in that yoy would allow anyone to faff around with your files. No one can even see my drivehere. But I will put your query to our IT person here...

5. Jed

Jed mellifluous

He works in the media and marketing arm of the NSA.

6. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Thanks Miss Yz-ass.

I'm an engineer in the automotive field. Our sharepoint is a secure network drive for our group only. We can setup different privileges based on the user, for read/write/no access. It's a good interface for collaborating data.

7. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I'm starting to think I found the first thing that has stumped the beeb. :eek::(

8. brand-o

brand-o Well-Known Member

9. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member