1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Damn, sick house.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Gates, roads, Dam maintenance and fisheries management of the lake. Well worth it. It's also not the only property I own in there.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Wasn’t the dollar amount. It was the fact that you’re buying into an HOA. :eek:

5. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Damn I can't even afford to look at the pictures... :(

nowayout and Banditracer like this.
  6. Venom51

Been there before. I am on the Architectural Review Board anyway. I won't say that I'm not entirely happy with moving away from my nice NA to an HOA but I've been in an HOA before. No one has ever had to tell me to keep my property up.

7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

8. Venom51

All cash. We'll take as much of the stored value from the current house as we can to close the gap but the rest is the $500k we had set aside to cash flow the build on the lake house that I put into the market when the I.Q. Flu took it down.

It's been 20 years since we have packed our shit to move it and I forgot how expensive moving is.

Life tip from your uncle Larry....don't move if you don't have to do so. It is a bank account drainer.

9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That’s awesome, congratulations!!! Great looking place.

10. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

At first I was like Cleveland...oh there's more than one lolol.

Congrats man!! Sweet Sweet! That really is a beautiful house.

12. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Never!

Disclaimer: I may be stupid... just bought the (latest)dip on TLRY

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I got out on Wednesday. I don't know what the hell they want to be but if Cortez is excited about them, I don't want to be in any longer than I have to. It was a tactical opportunity. I was up just around 95%, no need to be too greedy.

Riot likes this.
  14. Tristan

Will you buy back in next week when Cortez changes his mind after reading some genius's manifesto?

I'm taking a strong "hold" strategy until I get fired and/or divorced and NEED the money.

15. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Something janky is going on with the economy right now. I live in a tourist area, it was completely dead over the holiday weekend. My brother was in the Keys which is usually slammed Memorial Day, everything was dead there too. The vaunted travel boom also failed to materialize- I flew 4 days Friday-Monday and many of my flights were half full (except the 3 round trips to Mexico which were full).

Just a sneaking feeling but- the free money has dried up, everything is crazy expensive- I will be interested to see the latest economic data when it comes out.

scottn, R1M370 and YamahaRick like this.
  16. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Nice house Kenny. That's $4-4.5mil up here easy. Plus 20k a year in taxes.

17. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Beautiful place Kenny and it looks like lots of room to fill it up with dogs.

BigBird likes this.
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I am half-joking about Cortez. Long-term wasn't the plan with meta. The metaverse strategy was pure stupid. But I will use the money when I find more tactical plays. I already have a few on the stove.
    And I'm still pissed off over letting five-digit gains evaporate with BABA because I wanted to hold indefinitely. I'm limiting the greed now and sticking to my exit plans whether I need money now or not.

19. Tristan

The Metaverse had zero sway on my decision either way- the billions he may be blowing on it are mere crumbs in the couch cushions... I saw it as an 800 lb gorilla that got knocked down. Pretty sure he's gonna get back up and resume his rampage.

20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Can add another anecdotal data point: I have never seen as many poopscoop customers that we've had to cut loose for nonpayment / declined credit card.

YamahaRick and Gino230 like this.