1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Yes. Another suc…..we glorious coo owner. Welcome to the club. Buy more.

BigBird likes this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

And bring your friends. The water is perfect. :D

ChemGuy likes this.
  3. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

upload_2023-4-21_17-6-35.jpeg

4. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

5. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

[​IMG]

Sweet! Buy them all! :D

6. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

Structured Notes are making good % returns again. Just grabbed one with a 30% protection and 9% APY and another w/ 40% protection (4 yr term) (25% coupon) at 8.4 % APY.
    You won't find these offered at Motion and Bird. Check your Bank for more details.

BigBird and motion like this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I need to look into these again. Returns didn't sound particularly attractive when my banker tried to sell me some a year ago.

Completely unrelated, my META stake is up 75% since I started buying around the same time. It's been doing well since they stopped talking about Cortez Fantasy World meta-verse.

ChemGuy likes this.
  8. BigBird

BigBird blah

not because they fired a bunch of staff?

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm not saying it was the reason, I'm just noticing the correlation.

BigBird likes this.
  10. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Guessing we bought around the same time- I'm +80% after today's run up

HPPT likes this.
  11. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Im not sure if you’re constantly doing that to fuck with me or you actually believe something I never said…

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Both. I distinctly remember you talking about that bullshit fake real estate business in the other world in terms indicated that you took it seriously.

Stuff like this:

https://forums.13x.com/index.php?threads/meta.375628/page-3#post-5919233

I know there was virtual-real-estate-specific stuff also, but I don't have the energy to search for it.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2023
    BigBird likes this.
  13. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

i said metaverse real estate is a stupid fucking investment. I also said that he metaverse would be huge. And that I wasn’t someone who would partake in it. I also said Facebook would be a great buy at the time because their stock tanked. You all said I was not only wrong but fairly dumb.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

My point exactly: "The metaverse is the future. The first company to roll out a full blown immersive universe is going to rule the world."

Even Facebook doesn't seem to believe that crap anymore. Or, at least not enough to continue wasting the kind of money they were wasting on it. And when they put the brakes on the "innovation," the stock price recovered.

BigBird likes this.
  15. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

With these interest rake hikes, I don't get how some financial institutions are offering up personal, unsecured loans at super low interest rates... (for unsecured lines of credit)...

I feel like I am probably an idiot most times. However, doesn't it seem plausible that someone like me could just take this $40K LOC and just dump it all on SPY for 3 years, and that alone would potentially beat the interest rate?

If you took this loan you'd pay about $4500 in interest over 3 years.

If you dumped it all in SPY and kept it there while covering the payment with personal funds. (going off the very first Google search on SPY Average Rate of Return for 3 years at 18%) You'd make about $26.5K on that $40k.... take away the $4500 in interest, and you'd be left with $22K in profit.. (this is without calculating inflation and all that jazz.) But that's YOU walking away with $62K free and clear before you sell shares/pay taxes on it etc...

I have to be missing something here? I mean... I'm not gunna do it, because other than my RV and my house I have no debt whatsoever, and that's pretty damn cool..

Attached Files:

16. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

the stock price recovered because they were burning through cash on its development and fixed their bloated workforce. Not because they don’t believe in the metaverse. Apple’s next major launch is a headset… that should tell you something about the future of ar/vr. Seems to me you’re just not objective on the matter. You just don’t LIKE it therefore it has to fail. I don’t like it either, but we seem to have a difference of opinion on its potential. Fair enough, but why would that merit such continuous derision?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2023
  17. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

Your theory is sound, but the 18% is unlikely again for a while. The past 3yrs included a stout run. The past 12 months, not so much.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Or maybe they are no longer burning cash developing it because they don't believe it's worth wasting that much cash on it? Either way, it would appear that it's the opinion of the people buying the stock, they are the ones driving the price up.

As for Apple, so what? You've never seen a product fail to meet the manufacturer's expectations? Just because Apple is coming up with a headset doesn't make it a success yet. Let's wait until it has the same societal impact as the iPhone before we claim it changed the world.

Why the derision? Unless I'm confusing you with someone else, that seems a little thin-skinned for someone so quick to call people dinosaurs all the time. :crackup:

19. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

when have I once called you guys dinosaurs not in jest. I actually respect you crotchety bastards. My feelings aren’t hurt. I’m not getting my feelings hurt was just trying to wrap my head around your frame or mind regarding the matter.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2023
  20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If you're assuming that I'm not bringing you up in jest in those posts about new technologies, it would appear that you can dish it but you can't take it.

cortezmachine likes this.