1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

When you do it, post immediately. I want to go in with someone who knows what the fuck he's doing. :D

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Who?

:confused:

:D

3. auminer

BTW, this would only be a swing trade, to be exited at some point to be determined. I would not "invest" money in RIVN, TSLA, or any of the other myriad green energy companies.

Back when I day traded, I usually put in about 30-40K and got out whenever it changed by 1K, whichever direction that was. My T div is only going to be about a grand, so, proportionately, we're talking about lunch money. :D

4. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Will the bottom be this year?

5. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

so whos buying rivian??

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, that's only tactical for me as well.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

@Boman Forklift , you must be pretty close to an exit ramp from BABA with little or no damage today.

8. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I bought at $25 and again at $18. The 75 shares total are as much exposure as I want with them. I probably have more TSLA than I should, but I'd buy more if it keeps going on sale.

sanee likes this.
  9. Tristan

Must be nice- I still need another 100% or so to break even.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Damn, sorry to read that. I'm up about 25%.

11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

You are right, I just looked after reading your post. But I'm down 40% on the Amazon I bought at the same time.

So are you guys staying in

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Staying in. My target is 100% on BABA. So, probably not before next year. :D

I would've told you not to get Amazon if I had known you were buying at that time.

13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That's the same thing my son said, after I told him I bought some. I should have sold, right away with that negativity. At least I didn't buy Tesla, other than what is slamming my S&P 500 fund.

14. Tristan

What's wrong with Amazon (especially compared to BABA)?

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Nothing is wrong with the company. I just think it was expensive.

Tristan likes this.
  16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

p.s. If you're looking for ideas, and this is NOT a recommendation, just something I'm saying in general, you make your own decisions, I loaded up on some LYFT a couple few weeks ago when it dipped under $10. It's still cheap, in my opinion.

17. auminer

We should all chip in five picks and see whose 5 turn out to have the best return in 2023.

S&P500 only, so no one gets a hundred bagger on some shit biotech lottery ticker.

sanee likes this.
  18. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Somebody had to pay for these funbags.

upload_2023-1-5_13-40-41.png

auminer likes this.
  19. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Oil & Gas returned about 80% for me last year, and I'm not jumping off the train yet. I think the upcycle is just beginning, without going dungeon.

20. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

What's that? Refill that oil reserve you depleted? Why would you have depleted it in the first place? Hmmmm