1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

just erryone pre-dumping as they know this seasons retail is going to suck.

2. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

And in true Thanksgiving Day sale tradition, it is only "on sale" if you don't look at the price from a month ago.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That was the Halloween sale.

I bought mine during the Memorial Day Sale and some more during the Summer Solstice Sale. I'm back exactly where I started from.

5. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Circle of Life?
    :D

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yep, now going for second generation. :D

7. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

[​IMG]

HPPT likes this.
  8. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Has anyone minted the term “Crypto Bro” for this Bankman-Fried guy? If not, you read it here first.

Dude’s just reinforcing my longstanding of distrust for hyphenated names.

R1M370 likes this.
  9. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

I'm sure Tom Brady has some names for that guy. :crackup:

10. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I just asked a friend in the business, he said that term has been around for a while.

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

Boman Forklift likes this.
  12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So, pass on Grinder today? :D

14. Venom51

I already own a grinder. I don't need another until this one breaks. :D

15. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

He bought twitter as a means in which to move the markets.....Not to liberate free speech as so many people claim. People all bagging on him about how he wasted money and that twitter will never generate enough revenue to pay for itself.....It will, and then some, but not in the tradition sense.......

My opinion of course. I may be wrong, but to me it's painfully obvious given his antics on there over the past couple years and how those red and green lines move up and down thereafter. Might not have been his only reason, but it's pretty nice fringe benefit.

BigBird likes this.
  16. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Twatter has immense value. However, it seems like it could also be a fantastic write off. Of course we MUST investigate this, and totally ignore FTX. We are not allowed to talk about why.

YamahaRick and BigBird like this.
  17. Venom51

Let's put that to the test.

1. What happens to your life without Twitter?

2. What happens to your life without transportation? Can you get to that job you use to pay for things?

crashman and BigBird like this.
  18. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

Musk has talked with some of the biggest youtube accounts to make Twitter have a video section like YouTube. If he does that and can bring over some of the big accounts that get sensored while getting ad revenue stream that would be huge income possibilities.

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

so you mean cut the pie more, and well advertisers need to pay for that, and well enough of them are hesistant about the platform. so would be interesting.

He said he's bringing back the vine and making them one minute, a la tik tok, a la instagram reel, a la youtube short.....so yeah, just another thing "creators" will copy and paste to yet another social media platform.

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

FAFO: Elizabeth Holmes, the founder of Theranos, was sentenced to more than 11 years in prison for defrauding investors.

YamahaRick likes this.