1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Royal Enfield Himalayans: 2 out of 6 dead engines

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Jan 13, 2022.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Pretty much. I commuted on mine for almost 2 years...loots of highway miles. The only thing that broke was the rear shock blew a seal. Very bouncy ride for a week or 2 while i sorted a replacement. Oil, tires brake pads was all it needed. Valves never moved out of spec. They aint fast but they will go for-evah

2. That’s damn funny

3. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

They're probably blown away by the modern design.

baconologist likes this.
  4. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Well when you get an engineer from Ducati / Moto guzzi to manufacture an Indian motorcycle we can only expect the results we have...lol

Apparently the Himalayans had some pretty severe problems their first two years of production with Royal Enfield claiming that they were going to rectify the issues whether they changed and improved in one or two model years is unknown but highly unlikely.
    I don't know much at all about the Himalayans but on the Bullets I know people who've had them for 15 to 20 years and they're still running fine.
    It's can'ta low speed machine you cannot take it on the freeway: 65 miles an hour flat out is probably about as much as I would want to drive on it .
    I have the older bullet pre unit construction with drum brakes I have no interest in a newer modern version I specifically looking for the oldest looking thing I can find basically it's still 1955...lol.

But I'm sure she'll run forever w short juants..doing the Putt-Putt

5. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Wait wait @motion you gave me shit on investing but you literally invested in not 1 but 6 Royal Oilfields?

you just sit back down at the kids table.

6. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

I have a 2021 model and love it. I did have the faulty relay issue but fixed it myself. Great bike for the price point and the brand is investing in supporting flat track and some in MotoAmerica so cant be all that bad

stk0308, FastByKids and motion like this.
  7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Well I mean I could share the rental history for each of them, and the fact that I'm getting most of my $$$ back out of them when I sell, but where's the fun in that?

Robby-Bobby and cha0s#242 like this.
  8. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

I beg to differ!
    Mine was broken. Luckily the piece got stuck in the oil filter screen.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I was going to ask if you’ve broken even on them? If you’re in the black with them as rentals you’ve done great and when you sell ‘em you’re way ahead.
    Shit, if you’ve made money with them, sell the old ones and get new ones.

10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Typical german car/alfa/ lucas electric fan boy.

Hey these things catastrophically fail for no reason due to over engineering/bad engineering/ no qc control/no process control/no anything control....but i managed to make a little $$$ so I'll just buy more.

What could go wrong?!?!?

Buy Japanese and rent them for the next 20 years. Change only oil, tires, brakes and chains. And customer damage. Done.

Just make sure to get a couple of 250cc models and add lowering kits. For the ladies.

And DaveK. :D

Boman Forklift likes this.