1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roebling

Discussion in 'General' started by drop, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Since we're all armchair quarterbacking this anyways, why was the ambulance even rolling? The rider that the ambulance was for did not have life threatening injuries that warranted the risk of leaving before the race was over.

2. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I've been wondering what they did with that person after the accident. Did they put them in a different bus?

3. Muz720

Muz720 Well-Known Member

They are covering their ass which is fine but why throw WERA under the bus and then say we are working on finding out what went wrong. Do there own the Ambulance company?

Shenanigans likes this.
  4. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

Thank goodness for the great stoppie too, or else my body would have became a ramp...

Gino230 and Triple X like this.
  5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

First story on my Google News feed just now.

[​IMG]

6. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Pie

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I’m sure that has nothing to do with the super-double-secret Google metadata dossier you’ve given them…

mglax13 and 418 like this.
  8. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

All cars have cup holders but let's not mention that. As far as I know cups of coffee still come in cups that will actually fit in them.

Burn the carpet or burn the carpet is a terrible conundrum to solve for some.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Being a clumsy idiot is not incompatible with having good character. My one data point is one more than you have provided so far. What do you have that shows she isn't?

cav115 likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think that happened before cupholders were in pretty much every car. The case was discussed in a law class I took 30 years ago and my car didn't have a cup holder.

12. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Would an airplane on a treadmill on the front straight of RRR take off and miss an ambulance whose driver may have gone into freeze mode?

This is a very unfortunate event for sure. Lessons will be learned. Rules, policies, procedures updated. Hopefully the two crashed riders will be made whole with minimal impact negative impact on racing, track owners, and even ambulance services.

Personally as any one of these entities I'd look at recording all official race comms and archiving them for every event going forward. Probably a good idea for any and all track orgs if they don't already do so. The amberlamps may have a voice recorder that runs when the engine in on. That would be worth checking on ASAP.

I have a dash cam that proved a side swipe on GA 400 wasn't my fault and a voice recording I took of a conversation that is the primary piece of defense evidence in a civil case. CYA is good.

auminer likes this.
  13. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

As I recall, someone else in this thread with ties to RRR reported that no one employed by RRR was present outside of maintenance personnel. If this is true (and it appears likely based on that exact same release with how they described their lease agreement), how the fuck would they know what communication even took place?

Shenanigans, Bruce, ToofPic and 2 others like this.
  14. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I don't see how it's out of line. It tell exactly how a track rental works.

BrentA likes this.
  15. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

00E3C25F-D856-4CA6-A593-5095D2C94D7A.jpeg

Christopher Graybosch and Bruce like this.
  16. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

all cars MAY have cup holders, today, but not all did. I drove a 1992 acura vigor (like a honda accord) for 360,000 miles. zero cup holders. had a plastic one i hung in the widow slot of my driver door.. ;)

yup

noles19 likes this.
  17. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

Ah yes, “cup holders” from back in the day :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Thank you Doug. Feeling is mutual. You always have a voice of reason.

19. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I have a close relationship with another track and know the former Safety Director. No matter what series was there, the track did not discharge all responsibility to the leasing agent, no matter how long of a relationship they had. They had their personnel in place, but the track still has their employees also in their roles. This is RRR just clapping their hands and saying "not our issue", which is not a good look.

boxcrash and Bruce like this.
  20. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

My position on the McDonald's coffee thing is this. She didn't have a valid case to sue simply because she spilled hot coffee on herself. She made the decisions that lead to a hot cup of coffee being near her naughty bits. That's not McDonald's fault. They did not force her into a car and make her order hot coffee at gun point.

McDonald's on the other hand deserves to be kicked in the nuts legally for their response to request to cover some or all the medical costs. I do however feel she was overly compensated for the events as a result of the lawsuit and the only ones that end up paying for this is the end customer because that's how the cost of those types of things get recovered.