1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road Atlanta

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by HFD1Motorsports, Oct 7, 2013.

1. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

Being in my backyard Road A was a good place to test the shoulder injury from VIR. I could not gain/lose any more points for regional stuff. Tally was a painful deal so I had to see. Age has a downfall of slow healing and longer memory of going boom bang. Came into the track Sat. AM with my youngest crew chief Melaine she was a big help. Thanks for the tape on the tank saying "you can win" She stuck that on before I went to the grid without me seeing it...cool kid
    Pratice was slow had red flags for all of them old tires on the bike And my head not screwed on good... but head down keep moving never got the good feeling. The race started bad with Red flag before start and Lifeflight. But the show goes on. Won the DSB race but did not get going fast enough to play with Darren it was a lonely race just logging laps. F2 was a little better but poor start bogged down with ongoing clutch engagement issue. Laptimes were getting better still Darren was gone but had a few battles. New trires were needed new Stones one.
    Sunday nice clear day time to improve! Jovi was down in the dumps some so rolled around with him for a few laps then Darren flew by ok Jake got to go head down he dropped a rider between us for the esses but I was gaining on him into 10 next lap caught him in turn 7 so I was happy that I could run with him I came in that lap. Talked to Jakes dad gave a go fast speach he did better all is good. Dsb only 2 bikes so it was a easy win again had a few battles and times improved. Wait for 10 races then the F2 race Ft. row start Time to go! Plan was to follow Darren had a ok start for once turn one was good 2nd place tucked in good and then before 3 got passed old guy in the way I guess but I had better pace in the esses and got a good run in 6 and 7 made the pass coming out of 7 but Darren was a good ways ahead. I had to at least catch him. Head down steady was reeling him in. next to last lap saw him make a mistake in 7 had the run and then I missed shift gap increased some but gained in turn ten. ok white flag he is right there go get him he was looking back to see if I was still there I waved back :) I had to get a good drive out of 7 draft him and do it in 10 well i got next to him into 10 but bailed out..old guy needs to not fall down and take him with me thing. but had a great race. This is why I come to the track at 46 years old! The fire still is there even if the flames are not as high:D

2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Congrats Charlie!!!

3. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

Great job, Charlie!! Dammit i hate i havent been able to get to not even one damn race weekend and at least watch you out there. :mad:

4. Sundaydisco

Sundaydisco Crooks Racing

Good job fighting the pain and still having fun. Twice coming out of seven my bike would not up shift, that has never happened before I didn't know how much ground I was losing by not getting a good drive down he sraight and that your bike is fast. Hope you feel better for Barber and I look forward to more good racing.

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Dudes got a crack mechanic. It's no wonder his bike is fast.

6. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Hmm is that the bike I use to know? :D

Congrats! Im hitting the big 45 on Turkey day.

7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Yep...look for it to be all shiny and new after the winter is over.