1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Lance Reddick

Discussion in 'General' started by Yzasserina, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

WTF 2023?!?! Gah. The Wire, Bosch, John Wick. Terrible news. RIP. Just ugh. :(

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  2. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Certainly not the "picture of health" looking type you'd expect to die at 60. I liked him in "Fringe" as well.

3. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Commander Zavala too... 'died suddenly' is getting tiresome.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

RIP sir….. good actor.

5. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Sad, bumbed me out there was no mention of Bosch. You also forgot about Fringe .

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Oz

Yzasserina likes this.
  7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Dying young and healthy is all the rage these days.
    Probably a Tic-Tok fad like eating Tide Pods or something.

Steeltoe and A. Barrister like this.
  8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

One of my favorite actors. And yes dude was ripped healthy I think he was vegan as well. Makes no sense. "Natural causes".

9. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Not a bad run @ 60.

I'd hate to rain anyone's parade, but average life expectancy is only about 69 yrs in developed nations. US. has decreased the past couple yrs.
    And living to your mid 60s is only due to modern medical practices
    Before that old and dying was in your late 40s to mid 50s...on average.
    Japan... Must be something in the water and the food there is as hovering around 83 years now.

Those of us in our 50s better start partying hard, as on average..statistics show many of us "on average" we're going to be pushing daisies..before we hit 70
    For many that's a decade away, and approaching hard & fast..hopefully we can join the 20% that manage to enjoy a long 2nd half.... motorcycles seem to help things ..lol
    :timeforabeer:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2023
  10. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Not sure what you're reading but life expectancy in the USA is almost 78yr old...

life expectancy in us - Google Search

... and thats WITH it dropping 2 years in a row.

Steeltoe and cbush like this.
  11. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Wasn't based on US numbers, it was a average of developed nations.
    I just kinda roll my eyes...when people say 50-60 is young...
    It's just not.

In our minds ..it sure as shit it...but the reality is anything but... :crackup:

Modern medicine has been able to extend lives it's pretty amazing if we stripped all that away I'm not even sure if I would be posting?
    Although I am in Better health and physical condition than most my age, you just never know ?
    I lost 2 friends before they turned 50 and there's several others that were gone by 55 natural conditions heart issues, sudden unexpected heart attacks? Guys were in shape too...go figure? blood disease and cancer for the others.
    One friend had his knees replaced at 47. Another a huge hip pricedure
    A couple of guys I know, fused necks and vertebrates.
    Myself I damaged both my arms last year they're never going to be the same again which is frustrating as f***
    My niece has had brain surgery 7 times since she was born.. they said she would never walk ,talk and wouldn't live past three she's 28 now, can she can read, write, walk even got her diploma

Off track a little ....but it is amazing what medicine is able to do without what has happened in the last 100 years the "majority" of people wouldn't make it to 70.
    Of course we all have that 20% members in our families or somebody we've known.
    60 years on this planet though is still an awfully long time..... certainly not " too young" ..at least physically..mentally... I don't know about you guys but my brain does not allow me to act my age...lol

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

13. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

The game is the game.

14. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

I respectfully disagree. 60 is quite young to be dying of "Natural Causes," especially when a person is as robust looking as he was. Dying in a vehicle crash or other calamity, or of various comorbidities such as heart disease, emphysema, cancer, drug / alcohol abuse, etc., is the sort of thing you always look for when someone who is "only" 60 dies. You don't expect it to be something as nebulous as "Natural Causes." Not these days.