1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ridesmart won't let me self tech so I'm taking my ball and going home

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by corvette95, Aug 15, 2010.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Good job dipppster. At a recent track day I had someone loose the cover plate next to the seat. No harm but very distracting even though I had space and it fell offline. Now change that to you are braking hard going into #5 five and his chain tears a big chunk of lower off and drops it in the line :wow:

Oh and if he was going to apologize he would have went back tightened the chain a notch and said sorry I got a bit off there but look now...

I wonder if you need sandals to get the HP boost of the chain dragging on your lower :confused:

2. ToxicRacing

ToxicRacing Well-Known Member

ok, So What Forum is he posting on now complaining about how everybody on the WERA Forum doesn't agree with how he was mis-treated by RideSmart? :D

3. slowmo

slowmo Well-Known Member

4. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Copy cat :D

I do like the reference to mentally handicapped orange-vested control riders. "he kept hitting his head at every corner like he had turrets syndrome"

5. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

HAH! Dont forget to add a brake lever referance and something about scrubbing off mold release with brake cleaner.

6. HondaGalToo

HondaGalToo Well-Known Member

OH, yeah. Forgot about those gems. What a douche-nozzle. There, finally got to use that word! :D

7. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

8. Chango

Chango Something clever!

9. ElTejano

ElTejano New Member

I just found out about this post and had come on here and stand up for Ridesmart.

I have been riding with Ridesmart for years and have done a lot of track days with them. I make it a point to go through them because they go so out of their way to educate riders and make everyone happy, something I never saw with the other track day organizations. I mostly do RS now because of this.

I have had situations where my bike didnt pass tech for little BS that I didnt think about but I understand that they are just keeping it safe out there. I just go make the adjustments and its a done deal, off to the track.

This OP seems like he has real problems with people. Almost like the kind of guy that kinda bullies his friends around or always got his way growing up or maybe has his wife under his thumb and gets his ass kissed. Then he gets out in the real world only to get a rude awakening when strangers dont go for his crap and he has no mechanism to handle it.

Anyway, I have never heard anyone say anything bad about these guys besides people bitching about rules but that goes for anything.

10. TheX

TheX Thick Skinned

Getting ready for 3 more RS days coming up, and will continue to ride with them. Fantastic organization, great people and never a single complaint.

11. MPH 200

MPH 200 Well-Known Member

I have ridden with Ridesmart for over 5 years. They are a quality organization & have top notch Instructors & staff. Unlike most trackday organizations, Dave isn't there to make $$$. He wants to educate riders & take the speed off the streets. If he breaks even at the end of the year he did well. I agree he is too generous sometimes, but Jason & Slavek keep the organization in order for him.

Chevette should stay home & play with his dolls :wow:if he can't take it. They are there for our safety & the safety of all the riders on & off the track.

Now - Back to our regular scheduled program.:D

12. cv12201

cv12201 Well-Known Member

13. dipppster

dipppster Well-Known Member

8 more events completed with not one single Tech-related-issue by an this egregious instructor....

14. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

I have inspected and reviewed Ridesmart several times over the last three years to gather info and assure that they would make a good org to do CMRA licensing. This included participating in the track days as well as listening to their radio chatter and watching their corner workers and tech inspections.

They have always done a great job and I have zero negatives to say about them, their instructors, or their process.

15. MrMeat

MrMeat Member

I will also stand up for RideSmart. I have ridden with them many times in Texas. I have spoken with Dave in person and on the phone a few times in the past and found him to really care about giving the very best customer service and that includes proper tech.

I haven't ridden in Texas in a couple years but when I do make it back, I will definitely look up RideSmart.

And, as others have said, if tech told me to tighten my chain and I was 100% sure I was correct; I would ask some fellow racers about the chain slack. Then I would adjust it to what will pass tech and then change it back if I am still 100% certain the chain needed to be as slack as I first had it. I just don't get what the big deal is with sliding the rear wheel back a couple millimeters and then changing it back, if needed.

Douche-nozzle, I think it fits. I have a cool new title for someone now!!

16. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Yikes, this thread is still going?