1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ridesmart won't let me self tech so I'm taking my ball and going home

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by corvette95, Aug 15, 2010.

1. PYROBUG51

PYROBUG51 GMFS Racing

I have also been to RS events in texas and if you KNOW DAVE he is a super older guy who wants to please his customers...and make sure they get what they pay for. Dave ALWAYS SAYS..if you dont like the rules Ill ask you to leave Ill give your money back and give you a free trackday..IF THE OP TALKED TO DAVE AND STILL PACKED UP...IM CALLING BS ON HIS STORY....Everyone of RS Staff will always help you when in need...all you have to do is ask! I have NEVER EVER BEEN THROUGH TECH AND HAD ONE OF THEIR STAFF MEMBER ABUSE ME...lol I think someone is a little butt hurt in my opinion!...but IM JUST SAYIN!

to the OP:
    I really hope you dont come back to a RS event..RS has a good reputation and by you bashing just made you look like the dumpTRUCK! Quit Crying! Go ride...

But tighten your chain first:crackup:

2. sqrlnut

sqrlnut Well-Known Member

you need to type slower, so i can catch up....i guess i'm not only slow on the track:eek:

3. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

Seems like a no brainer. Tighten it up, get your sticker, return to your pit and readjust to proper tension. Everyone is happy.
    Steve

4. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

If its smiling its Happy!!:up:

5. GIXXERMO600

GIXXERMO600 Well-Known Member

i must agree with mo here.. lol

quite an overeaction on the OP... simple fix... could have had a decent day.

STT / Motoclinic helped me when my chain was too tight and i was more than appreciative...when proper advice and tech is provided, i am always trying to learn.

time to end the debate, support Ridesmart, and the other organizations for what they do to help "we" riders have a positive, safe, and enjoyable experience. :up:

6. White98z

White98z Member

But i have been through tech before and had someone tell me that i need new pads becuse they are to thin? And i say what are u talking about. Well see sir your brake lever comes way to close to the grip when it is pulled and when released it doesnt go far enough out. So who is to say that the tech inspectors have a clue about anything.

7. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Sure, it's possible to run into a tech inspector who either doesn't know what he's talking about or is just having a brain fart. But that's not a valid reason to pack up and go home; that's just a massive overreaction. Honestly, if someone gets that butt-hurt over a tech inspection then they probably aren't mature enough to be out on a race track anyway.

8. Cujo1KRR

Cujo1KRR Track Whore

ding ding ding we have a winner.lol

9. JRA

JRA Well-Known Member

That's not the only time Yates has done that, and I guarantee that they run his chain that loose because that's how he likes it.

At tech I would rather see a chain that's maybe a little too loose than one that's too tight, for the reasons that have already been stated. I will always tell a rider if their chain is too tight but I generally leave it up to them to whether to correct it unless it's like a banjo string. I'd be hard pressed to remember a bike at tech that had a chain that was so loose it was unsafe.

I probably wouldn't be thrilled if I was told my chain was too loose because I check my equipment carefully and I know what it should be. With that said I wouldn't put up a fuss either, I'd just make whatever adjustment the inspector asked for and then put it back to what I know is right after. Sure that would be an inconvenience but it would take about five minutes and everybody would be happy in the end.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  10. karma

karma Well-Known Member

Ha! Nice title change!

That seems to pretty much sum it up. :up:

11. dhdrider

dhdrider Member

Haha, I saw that.

FWIW, I was present there. I was administering level stickers while tech was happening in the same stall.

Our techs did the right thing IMO. Chain tension is subjective so when the first tech observed the chain, she deferred to another tech for a 2nd opinion. IMO, the absolute right thing to do.

I do remember after he stormed off initially that the 2nd tech turned around and told me the chain was dragging on the lower bodywork and he was concerned about it possibly cracking/knocking off pieces of the bodywork. The guy told our tech "that's the way I run it."

All he had to do was tighten it ever so slightly so that it didn't drag on the bodywork.

12. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

The irony is that the original poster obviously wanted to drive people away from ridesmart, based on his experience. However, judging form the quality of the replies from the people associated with RideSmart, I would personally go out of my way to try a date with them if I was anywhere near the region where they operate. :up:

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

:stupid:

14. tamucc2004

tamucc2004 Member

Love the title change also!!! haha

And FWIW I was at Barber last weekend and going beck for back to back days at Eagles Canyon Raceway with them this weekend and driving half way across Texas to do so. Top Notch Org!!! and well worth it. My onyl sadness with this next weekend is we are not going back to Barber. :frown: That place is amazing and both the Barber staff and RideSmart staff made to 15 hour drive from South Texas worth every minute.

15. dhdrider

dhdrider Member

You mean just not this year... :up:

16. Cujo1KRR

Cujo1KRR Track Whore

Oh. We are going back beleive me lol

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

corvette hasn't been back to offer any additional info since the first page :(

18. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

+1

19. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

I had a similar incident when I teched my Husqvarna at a TPM day a few years back. They didn't know what to make of it, or what to look for. As such, i got the super inspection treatment for 10 minutes.

20. grd264

grd264 Well-Known Member

I road both days with Ride Smart at Barber......everyone I met in tech or otherwise were great and I had no problems at all. At one point I was ask to slow down on hot pit lane and understood the reasoning and did so.
    Good bunch to track day with and at the best price I have ever paid to ride at Barber!!!!!