Replacement for AirPods???

Discussion in 'General' started by GixxerJohn011, May 13, 2024.

1. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

My AirPod pros have died. I really like the sound quality and how easy they connect but I guess I’m a little rough for them as my first set was replaced under warranty. Costco has another set right now for $180, anybody have anything better? Bonus if they’re cheaper.

2. 27

27 Well-Known Member

no shit go to Dollar General and they have AirPod knock offs for $14

the output is the same and you can buy ten spare sets…

I was traveling and forgot mine and bought them in a pinch and they’re great… have some years old already they still hold a charge and sound great

tony 340 likes this.
  3. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

The costco airpod pros for $189 also come with 2 years applecare, so factor that in when shopping.

My son just got the OnePlus Buds Pro 2 and they're really nice!

4. GixxerJohn011

Hadn’t thought about the AppleCare

5. GixxerJohn011

I’m pretty picky on sound but I might bite on that

6. bergs

bergs Well-Known Member

My Powerbeats Pros are a few years old but have been pretty good.
    I've heard comments from friends/ family the microphones aren't that great during phone calls but I can live with that.

Also have a pair of Oontz Budz 750's. They connect a lot more readily when compared to my Powerbeats but they don't have microphones for calls and such.

Both sets have provided decent sound quality and have been reliable throughout my ownership.

Recently picked up some noise cancelling Tozo HT2 headphones for office days and based on the sound quality and ease of use, you may also want to consider Tozo earbuds as well

7. 27

27 Well-Known Member

me too and have good Sony over the ear models for real quality but for the AirPods the cheap ones were comparable in every way… except price… same case.. same sound… just 1/20th if the price… I was pleasantly surprised

8. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Do the cheap ones do the noise cancelling? To me that is where the AirPod Pro's really shine. I believe the standard AirPods do not have noise cancelling.

socalrider and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  9. 27

27 Well-Known Member

No noise cancelling that I’ve seen on the cheapies

10. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Yeah that would be a deal breaker for me. Plus I constantly swap between my MBA, iPhone, iPad, etc and it's so seamless with the apple headphones.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  11. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

X08 off amazon.

They've honored their warranty for me already.

No complaints and when I lose a set at work I'm not pissed at myself.

brex and 27 like this.
  12. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I’m not an audiophile but my hearing is really bad and my range is real particular… I have good luck with some Bose and Sony products but everything made in China is copied and decent stuff can be had for pennies on the dollar… sometimes you find great things…

back when I was doing things for Tucker Rocky I learned that all the BikeMaster house brand stuff was actually the highest quality… batteries made by Yuasa… chains made by RK… I put together an oil deal for Lucas to make their oil… on and on

13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

14. chobes

chobes Well-Known Member

Klipsch makes some great products. I have earbuds, bluetooth speakers, some bookshelf speakers, excellent sound from them.

15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

A good friend is the lead acoustic engineer there. He was sent to McLaren in England to design the sound and acoustic treatment for their F1 racing simulator.
    And he's British, and an F1 fan, so it was the dream assignment for him. He worked on those McLaren earbuds also. He also helped design the sound system in the new 2025 Infinity QX80. It got stunning reviews at the CES show. I've learned a lot about home audio from him.

27 likes this.
  16. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

I have both the Klipsch McLaren T5ii and Sony XM5. The Sony’s are better in every way.

I also own Klipsch surround speakers for my living room and generally like their stuff but those earbuds were kind of a let down. And then the case stopped charging the earbuds after about 14 months. The Sony’s were an immediate upgrade.