Red Bull Rampage 2023

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Oct 14, 2023.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Tough not to believe in human evolution after seeing what these dudes are doing. It's gotten to insane levels of gaps and heights. Gee Atherton's practice crash was 60ft of free fall before touchdown. Medevac, skull, and vertebrae fractures.

Some of the freeride gals have been clamoring to be included but the general feel is Red Bull does not want to broadcast someone dying on livestream. I'm sure they will eventually open it up but keep the girls on saner lines.

2. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Agreed. I can't imagine what those lines look like in person. They're terrifying on the screen, which dulls/kills scale anyway. Gees' crash is gnarly.

3. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Gee's line basically looked like complete free fall huck to flat unless you landed perfectly. Absurd.

Phl218 likes this.
  4. Watched some of it and will finish when I get the time, taking me a while to process the part of it I’ve watched. Every time I see some crazy trick it makes me think of the carnage developing or prefecting a trick.

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

Zink’s gap flip. Abnormal.

The ridge lines and all the “regular drops” in the line… pucker material already.
    Amazing to watch

Steeltoe likes this.
  6. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Yeah I cant watch anymore after that dude got paralyzed a few yrs ago.

These guys are at levels of risk thats insane.

Once a Wanker.. and Phl218 like this.
  7. Phl218

Phl218 .

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

9. ronin1052

ronin1052 Well-Known Member

Talus Turk is the son of one of my best (and still close) friends from childhood.
    Kid is a serious gunner - finished 5th as a 21-y.o. Rampage '23 rookie.
    He was rockin' in Run #1 in, but blew a tire & tossed the chain - followed it up with an explosive Run #2.

Placed himself solidly on the freeride map. He's headed for big, big things...
    Absolutely thrilled to witness his passion paying huge dividends.
    Cannot fathom doing the utterly psycho shit these guys pull off.

Papa Carter was at the forefront of the snowboarding explosion in the mid-80's. At least one line bears his name at Mt. Baker.
    He was the first to pull off a double backflip on tape - cost him a broken ankle in his duct-taped Sorel boots.
    He's a natural athlete who could excel in anything, and his daughter was an outstanding gymnast as well.
    Radness is definitely in that bloodline.

Well done, Talus!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2023
    Spooner likes this.