1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Real John Deere thread

Discussion in 'General' started by sheepofblue, Jul 5, 2021.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Mine...

[​IMG]

j cal and sheepofblue like this.
  2. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

LOL I need to get weed killer out and weeded bad. I was sick a couple of weeks right before the tractor crapped out. The perfect storm of not doing lawn (add in I hate weed eating). Oh and in the middle of all that I was dealing with a crooked @#$#@ on a property deal that fell threw. It will take me a week or so to get stuff decent again if it stops raining. But look at the evenness of the grass ignore the edges that is the goat area.

3. sheepofblue

Raise your cut a inch and that lawn will fill in better.

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

That's the back 4. It is a horrible clay soil that I won't be living here long enough to bother fixing. Fine by me that it doesn't grow really thick!

I have a 40x30 area that I am making a 'decent' lawn out of on the front side of the house.

5. sheepofblue

So I found my 'expert' (read crappy) weld did not fail. I had a bracket fail. So I removed a guard. The 345 temporarily lives again. I am taking it to the new property when I close and use it to field mow until the deck fails. If it lives long enough for the move I will sell it :crackup:

In the meantime I ordered a 2032R with bucket, backhoe and landscape box to start. I will soon be a dirt moving, grading fool in preparation for my steel wool sheep herd. Also need a post hole digger so I can put up fencing. Angus might be able to free roam and have a grand time. The Orange Horror Spitfire is NEVER to be trusted so he does not come up until I have a fence.

Then onto stuff like power, shop equipment, a toilet, etc. steel wool.jpg

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Did you get your 2032r yet? I'm looking at 1025r as I don't want to buy another Lowe's commodity mower. I don't have enough yard to really justify it but screw it I'm old and don't like single purpose tools.

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Might have to scab it and go build it yourself ;)

8. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

headline yesterday was that 10000 JD workers went on strike, so it might be awhile...

9. Venom51

I'm no fool boys...I'm not buying new. I'll let someone else eat the deprecation. It doesn't have to be shiny to get the job done.

10. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I’m looking at getting a tractor for the Florida property. Definitely will not get a Deere for a number of reasons . Right now it looks like Kubota might be my choice. Need a medium size with a front end loader , and a rear tiller and maybe a rear box scraper . Lots of research to do before purchase at year end .

renegade17 likes this.
  11. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

I bought a 1025R about 4 years ago. It has the bucket, backhoe and mowing deck. Best damn little tractor ever! Love that damn thing. Does all but the heaviest of chores.

12. Venom51

That's good to hear. I'm not a fan of Deere's repair stance but I suspect that's a bigger problem on the bigger gear. Have you needed any service that was "required" to be done by Deere.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  13. sheepofblue

Yeo been using it and getting used to things. Got the driveway partway cleaned up. Next up is flail mowing now that I got it out of the crate those assholes welded together. My only fear on the 1025 was HP at the PTO. Think I would have been fine but it was on the limit for a couple of implements I wanted.

Only warning is that while the iMatch hitch is the shit it does not play well with PTO attachments. Still easy to take it on an off but a heads up that it does not work with everything.

14. sheepofblue

Oh and the shop I got mine at does the work on Barber's Air Dryer zamboni looking thing.

15. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

The SCUT’s are over priced due to all the 0% money offers from JD and Kubota. Look at the other brands to get real value.

16. Venom51

Any suggestions? I'm buying used.

17. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Personally I would buy Kubota over Deere. Im no Deere fan and they definitely cost more than others. The 1025r seems like a subcompact. I would look at aKubota BX...maybe BX 2380. I think they make most of the BX models in GA as well.

Another discount option is too look for a Mahindra.

In the kubota line I personally would get a bigger B series or L series with a real gearbox and not a hydrostatic transmission. But thats just me.

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Saying shit like that is gonna make @G 97 reappear!

19. Venom51

I'm specifically targeting sub compacts. I have a gate to go through to the back yard and the sub compact is already way more machine that I need to get what I need done done. I got along fine with a $2500 mower and some smaller attachments for years. But if I have to spend money I don't really want to go that route again. The backhoe would be a nice to have when needed. I'm largely allergic to shovels. I break out in sweat and profanity.

Mostly I am just old and I'm not humping 180 bags of mulch on my shoulders and back again when its time like I did last year. Any of them are absolute overkill as a mower, The loader will get used for moving shit around and I've got some drainage issues to take care of before we sell the place. Rental gear isn't getting any cheaper to rent so I thought I might as well buy something.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  20. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Nothing runs like a Deere!

Not when they're on strike for sure...nothing runs. :D

[​IMG]

Understand the need. Kubota or Deere should be fine and even if they break you can get parts. As they both make their own stuff the parts support is good.

Again I dont drink the Deere kool aid but their sub's and kubotas subs are US made and good quality. Good luck on your hunt.

FastByKids and pickled egg like this.