1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Qatar

Discussion in 'General' started by TSWebster, Mar 2, 2016.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Glad you cleared that up for me. So for the record, anyone who doesn't have a world title and runs on a factory team is an underachiever.

Brilliant.

2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Yeah, after I posted I started thinking, "maybe that was WSBK ". :oops:

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

Stoner's private Qatar test thrown into doubt

"The rules state that no circuit can host a test 14 days before a race there....If an 'event' is interpreted as the day when the race itself takes place - that is, March 20 - then Ducati and Stoner would be allowed to test.
    However, if the day used for technical scrutineering - March 17 - counts as part of the event, then Ducati would be breaking the rules....waiting for clarification of the rules"

4. caboose

caboose I love peanut butter!

Don't be dumb. My pile of moose shit composts itself. It takes no actual effort on my part.

5. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

By the number of factory bikes on the grid, wouldn't that be ABOVE average?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Move in is the start of the event, time to move the test up.

7. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

If you ain't first you're last!

8. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

It's Friday, I'm still at work, anything is above that.

9. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

A rider who has 28 wins and 100 podiums in the Pinnacle of the sport to his resume has not had a good career? You are seriously smoking the good stuff and I insist that you share.

Hawk518 likes this.
  10. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

Has Dani had an amazing and successful career? Absofookinglutely.

But the bigger picture is that he had a bike specifically built for him, his body size and type. By doing this, The expectation was that he would be a MotoGP premier class champion. He did not achieve that. Thus, yes, he has underachieved.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If that's the criteria they've all underachieved since there's only one champ per season and they all want it (with a large chunk totally expecting they can win it).

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

What about that Ben Spy fella? He musta been the underachiever of underachievers!

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Depends, who are you including in his average? :D

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Don't bother me with trifles! This is impotent bidniz! :crackup:

15. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

There is a significant difference between underachieving and being below average (as being described by mass).

16. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

Every time Dani knocks Rossi off the box he's a winner in my book! :)

17. caboose

How many seasons has Dani been healthy through the whole season?

How many championships might he have won if not for the bad luck of being injured?

18. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

The same as the number of NBA Championships I would have won if 6'10". Injuries and other physical attributes often separate would have from did

19. caboose

You're stating with absolute certainty that Dani would still have zero championships even if he was never sidelined with injuries?

20. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

Every other Alien has multiple championships. And those who are not aliens do not have the expectation (from anyone really) of winning a crown.