1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Practice Day at Barber’s?

Discussion in 'General' started by Joe Cupido, Jun 4, 2018.

1. WTF

2. Don't let that distract you from the fact that NESBA sucks.

cajun636 and TurboBlew like this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ummmmm...... Doubt it. He may have had that many people take the school. Not quite the same thing.

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

:moon:
    A NESBA memeber made me a couple shirts. :crackup: Sportbike crash time.

CC59DD00-E47F-4D66-A702-47C00EF195A2.jpeg

TurboBlew, 5axis and mastermind like this.
  5. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Whaaa, I actually like having back to back races without a race in between, always did my best lap times in the second race. And I'm old and out of shape compared to most of the others racers on track. :D Another wise racer who mentored me when I started told me everyone is dealing track/weather after I came in complaining about bumpy corners at Buttonwillow. Those that deal with it the best are more likely to win. I quit my bitching and learned to deal with it. Won a few races because of it too.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  6. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

A) If you're not attempting to make a profit, WTF is the point in being in business???

Are you just some JRP millionaire track day Angel??? I mean, you're like the Publisher's Clearing house of trackdays. LOL

Boman Forklift likes this.
  7. hurricanejohn

hurricanejohn Professional Amateur

I own other businesses that make me a good living. I do what I do to try and lessen the financial burden on people who want to experience track days. Since TDW is an LLC any profits/losses are passed through to my personal tax liabilities. I also have assets in the LLC that I can depreciate and expenses that I can write off too. You should take a course on business management - there are many ways to maximize profits when you own multiple businesses.

8. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Got a pic of the 1/2 bike?

9. *waits for pictures of a Panigale broken in half.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  10. hurricanejohn

11. Woodsrider

Woodsrider Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

noles19 and r6boater like this.
  12. Phl218

Phl218 .

Ok, so where are power poles with outlets now? 30 A specifically

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Time out...I've been ignoring this thread for the most part, but are you comparing WERA, the sole (at least as far as I know) business of the owners, run as a for profit enterprise, to what is effectively a hobby where even a loss is beneficial?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  14. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Pit Wall, Across from Garage in corner under Gas Pumps, 1st and Second Level backside and a couple in corners.

Phl218 likes this.
  15. Phl218

Phl218 .

so i guess, still better to try to get pole position in the parking lot?

16. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Meh, just break out the loud ass generator. :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  17. Phl218

Phl218 .

well, no problem.

18. hurricanejohn

I was just responding to a question directed to me about how I run my track day business. And even though I include my "hobby" in a business venture, losses will occur no matter how well you plan and I know how to use them to my advantage since I'm diversified. I don't rely on a single venture to make me a living - too dangerous and stressful.

TLR67 likes this.
  19. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

AND (IMO) you can add F-2 to the list. It would be nice if we separated the races run by same bikes by four races ... 1 - 7 - 11 type spread because there are basically four CLASSES of bikes. ('A-SS/A-SB / F-1) , (B-SS/B-SB/Senior/C-SS/C-SB/Senior) (LtWtSS/LtWtSB/F-2) (F-3/Clubman/F-4) Add the Groms/smaller classes, as it works. Basis is a spread for those that compete on 'A' / 'B' / 'C' /LightWeight-Twins / UltraLtWt.
    YMMV:dead:

Phl218 likes this.