1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Practice Day at Barber’s?

Discussion in 'General' started by Joe Cupido, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

Schreier Motorsports Park ran by me could be called Phil’s or Schreier’s. I’d have no problem with that.

Joe Cupido likes this.
  2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Ok so no Practice at the City of Birmingham's?

drop, obcbr and Joe Cupido like this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm sure there will be all sorts of practices in the City of Birmingham on Friday.

4. Joe Cupido

Joe Cupido Well-Known Member

I get the track property belongs to the city. So Mr. Barber is just a Manager? But are you really going to tell Mr. Barber that it’s not his track/facility/museum? So we should start calling it the Birmingham museum. All the specifics are above me! Just saying. Google it. I’m not the only one that used an S.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just because a lot of people do it doesn't remotely make it right. For all the locals it makes sense as the original dairy was called Barber's Dairy and the labels they use still say Barber's even though Mr B sold it long ago. The track however is not called Barber's, it is called Barber Motorsports Park. Singular and not possessed by anyone named Barber.

Mr Barber knows it's not his track/museum. He set it up that way on purpose. He also named it...

obcbr likes this.
  6. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

I just did :) not to nitpick, but yes, you kind of are the only one adding the "s" at the end. It's an easy mistake to make, but it's "Barber Motorsports Park".. i encourage you to Google it, every reference to the facility is "Barber", not "Barbers" or "Barber's"
    I even entered "barbers motorsports park" and every result comes up with just "Barber"
    PS: hope to see ya'll there :)

7. Joe Cupido

I get it! But you can see where I was coming from with my reference. I had a little free time and this has been kinda fun.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:D I'm trying to avoid unloading the zuma and other sweaty type work.

9. Joe Cupido

Let me see if I have learned anything today? It’s not Mongo’s Wera ( you just help run it ) or Mongo’s Forum ( you just help run it ). You essentially are Mr. Barber without all the cash!

Phl218 likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Correct :crackup:

It is also the GNF or Grand National Finals - not the GNFs. :D

11. Joe Cupido

Hey Clemson,

You are going to give me hell about an S and then leave me out when it comes to drinks? Now that’s wrong!! Lol

ClemsonsR6 likes this.
  12. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

How many riders do TDs put on track at Road Atlantas (; to make money ? 40 per group seems like a decent number on track.

13. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

I've found the LWT classes consistently has only a single race between our SS and SB races. In the summer heat it is a fast turnaround and I'm barely recovered in the AC by the time our calls come out. Chugging water and bathroom runs to pee. When Geoff says the calls are going to go quick they go quick lol.

I get guys having back to backs need to be prepared for that but likely they are running different classes/bikes to have that problem so it is somewhat self inflicted.
    But the schedule very rarely if ever has the A, B or C classes with only one race between the them.
    Add the common situation of shortened races near the end and a single race just isn't enough time at all. IMO
    It wouldn't be terrible if it happened occasionally but the race layout for LWT is the same every weekend and I will say it makes the LWT SB race not nearly as enjoyable.
    Can we not rotate different schedules so this type of scheduling does not always affect the same class every time?
    The LWT layout at RRR about wore me out completely since we haven't been splitting the LWT SS races into A/B from the smaller classes (giving an extra race which is perfect)
    Fast turnaround in Roebling heat at the worst part of the day (end) on not just one day but both days.

14. Lazy Destroyer

Double headers possible to rotate the schedule so that the Sat and Sun rounds don't start with the same race and end with the same race? Do the school and minis first but after that start Sunday with a race that was mid-pack the day before?? Mixing it up seems better than doing the same thing both days.

15. Joe Cupido

After seeing the massive superstock grids I don’t think we have a shot at getting extra lwt races. We did have improved grids and I think finding a way to give us a longer break would be great. I think the twins have a little momentum/interest right now with the addition to Moto America. I think the senior grids are not as full as they could be so why not add lwt senior. You know, for all the old guys on clapped out SV’s. Maybe help fill up the grid. 2000 There was only one lwt class so I raced hwt twins on the Sv650. Only made me faster racing the big bikes. Won the SE region.

16. Lazy Destroyer

I think I'm about spent doing just the LWT SS and LWT SB races. Maybe a F2 race here and there for fun. I did 4 practices and 4 races this past Saturday at Cycle Jam and I was whooped at the end of the day.

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Wouldn't that be LWT SS's and LWT SB's?

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

100 riders at 250 would pay the bills. 120 at 150 does not :(

5axis likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I swap column A and B all the time.

20. Lazy Destroyer

Haven't seen that in the SE double header rounds yet (at least for 2018/2017 seasons) but yes that would be nice.