1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pirelli Version 4

Discussion in 'Tech' started by ibidu1, Jan 20, 2023.

1. ibidu1

ibidu1 Well-Known Member

2. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Yep, but North America stopped importing DOT race compounds a few years ago because racer and track day peeps wanted slicks. So, in other words why import something if there's no demand, right?

The new Diablo Supercorsa DOT SP version 4, aka V4 will probably be imported sometime this year, and at this point I'm not sure if the V3 Supercorsa SC3/TD DOTs will be replaced.

3. ibidu1

ibidu1 Well-Known Member

I didnt know US stopped selling DOT race tires. Sucks for racers that would make selling their takeoffs/scrubs pile to the street guys more difficult.

4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

The DOT SC3 is still available, and racers stop buying SC1 & SC2 DOT compound tires about 3-4 years ago. One of the reasons was race orgs stopped requiring production classes to race on DOTs, and track day guys wanted to ride slicks.

So, don't you think if you've been tripping over those 4 plus year old take-offs in your garage for so long it's your fault? Many counties/townships like ours has a yearly dump/trash day where you can bring anything, but nuclear waste and they will take it away, so that may be an option?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
    stickboy274 likes this.
  5. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Yeah didnt make sense for some people to be swapping wheels for DOT/Slicks depending on classes (I ran DOT for everything because im slow).

But I think even WSS did away with DOT and went full slicks.

6. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

If I remember correctly BSB and some other European SS series still require DOTs so that's why they are made.

7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

It also might lower costs but increasing volume and reducing inventory skus

8. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Sometime this year the new DOT Diablo Supercorsa V4 will be available in the SC3 track day compound. Otherwise buy the current version and be happy.