1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Petrucci!

Discussion in 'General' started by 27, Dec 15, 2021.

1. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

He will be a DNF at Dakar this year. No critique, just odds and fact.

I'd love to see him on the MA grid, as would many others. And, I want to see him back at Dakar next year. The guy is straight out of the Rossi/Guy Martin mold: just loves bikes.

Cheers,

Dave

2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Really?

He has more wins in MotoGP than Edwards, Spies, Elias and many others and we would be excited if they came to MA right after their MotoGP career ended.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

yeah, just not a convert and no real reason I can think of.
    Just never followed him and just was “meh” about him.

but I’m no rocket surgeon lately when it comes to a lot of the euros. I’m still not on board with Bagnaia and that’s f@ckin’ idiotic on ever level.

4. 27

27 Well-Known Member

He’s got the two wins and all of those years grinding away getting them. We can relate to normal guys, ones that have worked for it. He didn’t buy his way he rode it. Like Stoner and Chaz’s families living in camper vans to make it. Miller’s family bought and paid and borrowed and mortgaged and made it but still bought his rides. I saw an article that said Wayne Gardener has paid out over 3 million euros to get Remy where he was before the KTM moto2 seat. They said Petrux is that last that will ever make it that way, I don’t know about that but I’m happy to see that he did.

ORIF, Thistle and Boman Forklift like this.
  5. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Ben Spies called Bagnaia early this year as he said he solved the Duc’s corner speed problem. So close this year... that pic with the seven italian Ducati GP riders is nuts... Miller is the only non Italian riding one.

6. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Petrux at the start of his MA career....vs 6 months eating like and American...

[​IMG]

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Baz was based out of the Scranton area of the USA last year. :D

8. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Maybe someone could give Hector Barbera a 3 year old bike instead of a 6 year old bike? LOL

henry_carlson likes this.
  9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hector is used up and racing for beer money and on his 43rd DUI. I hope I'm wrong and he comes back and tears it down.

10. Yeah, I gotta say that I still find that unbelievable.

All the credit goes to his team for sticking with it, putting in the effort, filling the grid etc. But come on. Get a new bike. Or at least the current generation.

11. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

what you dont bow down to the vastly superior Europeans??? he raced in moto gp you know... :eek::eek:

12. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

They had the B and C bikes for sale recently, if I had to guess he will be ridding a new bike this coming season.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  13. 27

27 Well-Known Member

14. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Not sure if I posted the link correctly but right out of the horses mouth... Petrux confirms...

15. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Google translated:

upload_2021-12-22_9-46-53.png

I guess nobody told him Scranton is nowhere near Philadelphia :crackup:

jd41 and FastByKids like this.
  16. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Appears Ducati is serious about putting some chassis on the box in 2022!

Going to be a interesting to see how all this plays out.

17. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Anyone that need help connecting the dots.... Eraldo Ferracci is from Philly...

Shenanigans likes this.
  18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

But ferracci has very little to do with all the Ducati US shit.
    They had one of the PA honeymoon/ gambling resorts ( most likely with heart shaped tubs) as a sponsor.

19. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

How far do you think it is?

20. 27

27 Well-Known Member

He’s the only reason I can think of that Philly, didn’t know about the sponsor connection to PA, would come into play... all an assumption so we know about those....

maybe he needed a host family that spoke and cooked Italian to convince him... I remember reading that Danilos dad worked either at FIM or Dorna and that exposure connected him to racing to begin with... not a money connection, just a personal connection that got him a shot on the Ioda