1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Petrucci!

Discussion in 'General' started by 27, Dec 15, 2021.

1. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

27 likes this.
  2. 27

27 Well-Known Member

So @G 97 thinks Petrucci will wince at Road Atlanta in its no gravity cavity having, silly right left chicane thing to avoid the old track and 3-4 walls that everyone just jumps the curbs anyway, and thankfully no stupid last corner wall at full lean on the gas to hit...

Old track yeah maybe... now meh... just another round... ;)

G 97 likes this.
  3. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

27 likes this.
  4. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Yeah, he straight up beat Marquez at Mugello and won a stage at Dakar, as a rookie, where you have no idea where you are going, more or less. Not really sure how people think new tracks are going to be an issue.

Anyway, I am so happy to have him in the series and to potentially create a spark in young US riders with his positive energy and attitude.

Senna, SGVRider, Sweatypants and 2 others like this.
  5. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I don’t think anyone can not be positively affected by his personality. Polar opposite of his teammate...

G 97 likes this.
  6. youngR

youngR Well-Known Member

thats awesome for petrucci. I think he will bring more audiences to MotoAmerica from Europe (?).

7. CBRGriff

CBRGriff Well-Known Member

Toni raised the level. Petrux will hopefully push our guys over the hump. Cant wait to see what happens at ATL.

8. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 2

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  9. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

As fast as he may be either in MotoGP or MA at COTA, let’s see how quickly he can learn new tracks and be competitive.

This will give me a better idea if he “will ride into the sunset” for the rest of the year.

Always nice to get some prospective for how fast we think US riders are compared globally.

10. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

This is MotoGP level talent. I don’t see him having a hard time learning any track. He’s like an expert sniper. He can evaluate distance, wind and other environmental factors in his head. Give him the chance to do a track walk, maybe roll around a bit on a scooter them a few laps watching the other riders in practices and then some data analysis in the pit. He will be more than fine.

AJ, cxd10, hotnail and 7 others like this.
  11. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Is it really that difficult for you guys to learn a new track?

Not trying to be a dick but that is just not an issue with even mid pack national riders...

I did have a funny convo recently with a seasoned racer now that crashed one of my bikes because he was surprised the bump outside of turn one, that has been there through repaves even for decades, at Road America wouldn’t let him be at full lean on the gas... we all throttle on, pick up for a second over the bump and lean into the wheelie down the hill... everyone knows that... unless you’re a new kid in suppersport like he was.

Those little tricks come natural and nobody we are discussing will have track learning issues... ever

Once a Wanker.. and G 97 like this.
  12. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

Or more midpack riders cross the pond to take some seats...

27 likes this.
  13. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

In my opinion petrucci’s off season is a main contributor to his success. He rode dakar and then I saw him testing the bike almost every weekend on dunlops. He was very prepared and it showed.

14. 27

27 Well-Known Member

He is injured and unchallenged so far... that off season, besides Dakar... was probably less active than his GP days with testing and training, especially with a recent injury. He had a great weekend, but he’s just that good. I’m sure Jake and Cam and the rest of the top finishers were every bit as active... the BMW team just left Jennings after two days to drive straight to COTA...

15. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

He stated he was going to try and go ahead of the races and hopefully get some seat time at all the tracks. Maybe see the team at some track days?

16. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

As to the Dakar stage, I’m not minimizing because I know how difficult rally navigation is, but that’s the point. None of them knew where they were going until they got the road book 10 minutes prior to the stage open.

Once a Wanker.. and Yzasserina like this.
  17. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I don't think learning the tracks is an issues. Pridmore's said multiple times on the podcast that guys at that level don't need more than a couple sessions to have it pretty well figured out.

Once a Wanker.. and Yzasserina like this.
  18. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

Then he will be riding into the sunset…..lol

27 likes this.
  19. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I may very well not understand the difficulty...

I thought for decades that anyone could be taught to ride a motorcycle around a track safely... even at tortoise speed... I was proven very wrong when a new student crashed twice and then looped it on the start of the mock race... I’d ridden with him on numerous occasions and thought he’d do ok... so very wrong :D

20. dasrider

dasrider 99 problems

Having all of the data from last year has to help get him a solid starting point at each track too. That duc looked planted this weekend, and no shortage of power down that back straight.

I really want to see what Gagne can do with his primary bike at 100% though.

hotnail likes this.