1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Petrucci!

Discussion in 'General' started by 27, Dec 15, 2021.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

Yeah I saw that and was like that's awesome.

27 likes this.
  2. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Petrux 12th in tenth stage. I did some quick math... Toby Price won the stage at 3:05:32. Danilo's time of 3:13:25 puts him in the 96th percentile. That is just astounding. How competitive everyone is over such unpredictable and treacherous terrain.

3. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Based on a cumulative frequency or on the range of times? :beer::D

4. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Calculator say time alone.

But I apparently suck at statistics so I'll digress... :D

5. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

He'd certainly be battling with Mason Klein for top rookie spot, if not for his fuel tank/ pumping/ switches/ lost phone issues on day one. They obviously rode together on day 10, with Mason finishing 3 seconds behind him in 12th.

My hat is off to him for his obvious skills with contract negotiations in his KTM contract. Perhaps KTM may regret not renewing his contract. He's certainly becoming a fan favorite.

6. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I'm sure Ducati will sign him as they have no problem putting 20 bikes on the grid in 2022.

BigBird likes this.
  7. 27

27 Well-Known Member

https://m.gpone.com/it/2022/01/17/s...QfhSmMxtzZLccOPJEcdaYXheCYWRJO8Cu8BLvE1UdnZN4

t
    esting begins in Europe for his new MotoAmerica gig...

considering their attendance at Daytona last week with @joshherrin and their recent market report about the US and record growth and sales, this may be the biggest Ducati push in years... they should really field a second bike. Maybe Pirro wants to come too... that’d get it sorted quickly...

then scrap all the imports and hire Americans to ride them, and train Americans to wrench on them too while we’re at it... seriously though if they have success it can only be good for everyone. There used to be a bunch of factory and supported Ducs on the grids, a return of that would be great In any capacity.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
  8. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

So… a quantile based on two records vs the entire field. Hmmmmm. Ronald Fischer would not likely approve. :D

9. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I received a fairly high grade in Statistics 101. Based on the knowledge gleaned therefrom, I'm prepared to say that, statistically speaking, he's pretty damned impressive.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  10. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

The italian or the german?.....

11. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

So happy for Petrucci to finish. Congratulations to Sunderland! To have a time differential of like two and a half minutes over that distance and terrain is I don't even know how to express it... just, stupefying... Danilo made a Dakar fan of me and I can't wait to see him in MotoAmerica!

BigBird and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  12. 27

27 Well-Known Member

So it was Eraldo that put it together... that’s pretty neat to read the Quote from Danilo in the PR.

13. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Poo C jars will be raided from coast-to-coast.

SuddenBraking and 27 like this.
  14. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Where did you read this? Makes sense, if he did.

15. 27

27 Well-Known Member

There are all kinds of PRs and articles out today... don’t remember which one it was... the euro ones I just saw didn’t mention Eraldo... the American one I read he said Eraldo talked to him at Austin... so crafty ol’ Ferracci steals KTMs guy(I know he already lost his ride) rider from GP...

Here’s a theory... Baz tried telling Eraldo how to cook... that was the last straw.. French cuisine his ass! Red pasta! New Rider!
    Enter Petrucci...

16. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Here.... since I started this one when I first heard...

What a start to his USA stint and he’s recovering from an injury...

Hope he and Jake throw down tomorrow... will be a hell of a show!

motion likes this.
  17. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

"...tried telling Eraldo how to cook..."
    :crackup:

5axis and 27 like this.
  18. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

HUNGRY FOR THAT W!

WW

Last edited: Apr 10, 2022
    Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  19. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Holy shit!!!!

Wow.... I’ve repeatedly said I don’t think he’ll run away with he ship but this weekend was amazing for him.... and the fans...

So cool to see his old teams show so much love and respect. :)

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Welp, shit just got real in MA again.

we’ll see how “real” in a few weeks at RA.

Im not discounting anyone this year and that includes Hector and the M4 riders.