1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official YouTube Video Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, May 13, 2009.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Gotta get ready to work so I'll watch it late. I watched the short intro and I'm intrigued. I've always wanted to put a destroked, short stroke crank in a big bore SBC...like 4.16x 2.6, perfectly oversquare. Oh, and a flat plane crank. Theoretically, I'm lookin' at 11.5K-ish rpm.
    I guess I'll see what happens in the vid. That it's in an LS block might even be betterer. Who wants to have to spend $6K-$10K to get a bare gen 1 SBC block in aluminum? :)

3. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

These were filmed right in front of my office

4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

No reason to go crazy on SBC stuff anymore. LS is the new SBC.

5. backbone

backbone scarred for life

lol the stuck up cunt makes me want to buy harrys or gillete and I've enever bought either one of them.

6. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

You mean God King?

7. fastfreddie

Sure there is...I wanna build a 1911, not a Wonder Nine. :D

8. fastfreddie

I musta got mixed up. 15 secs turned into the next vid...which was some guy building a 11K LS.
    FWIW, that's my idea of what american muscle should sound like.

Off to research LS* vs SBC...after I find that other vid. ;)

9. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

LS won. But they both blew up on the dyno.

fastfreddie likes this.
  10. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

11. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

Been way too far with both and resisted snorting the LS dust for a very long time.
    The hype is real, LS is better in every metric. Get it??? A PUUUUNNNNNN!!! Even working on them is easier, you only need 3 wrenches haha.

12. fastfreddie

I'm okay with metric - I might not have to buy any new tools. I have almost zero SAE tools if you don't count the monster sockets for trailer balls.

I couldn't find the vid I thought I saw, then got carried away by life's happenings. Just musings for retirement really...

BTW, what would I put a short stroke/flat plane LS 4.7 into?

Cooter! likes this.
  13. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

Superlite SL-C gets my vote for your retirement project.

Cooter! likes this.
  14. fastfreddie

After checking the SBC vs LS* debates, I'm looking into the SBF. Apparently, it's the LS's daddy or, more correctly, the LS* is the bastard stepchild of the SBF. :Poke:

And "no" on the SLC. I'd rather have a GTR EVO but, seeings how they prefer Chevy power, I guess it's getting the axe, too.

I'm in no hurry*. With a SBF, this opens a couple/few previously closed doors - Shelby Daytona, GT40, really trim 1st gen Mustang fastback - just to keep some semblance of pedigree. Hell, I'd even entertain the idea of a slammed and aero-ed Pinto! :D

*The damn rabbit hole I fell into... :eek:

15. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

Screen Shot 2023-03-08 at 10.30.37 PM.png
    You're a sissy if you don't:Poke:

16. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

I sometimes dream about a c3 vette with a bb set back 18 in. Add cabin mods so it's virtuously mid engine.
    So many crazy possibilities.

17. fastfreddie

Oh yeah. Had a '71 Camaro in the late '70s. Porsche had the 928 at the time and I thought, hmmm, why can't I put the transmission in the rear?
    Turns out someone did their version of it at SEMA a number of years ago by dropping the Camaro body on a C6(?) chassis. Not the same thing.
    The possibilities is what I really love about American muscle. Who gives a shit if it's practical...
    Shiiiii-it. There's so much to play with there. Of course, most of it would get tossed into the dumpster, but I like the way you think. It has potential. :D

18. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

The Superlite GT-R is nice but I don't like the fender flares they have molded into it. Kinda ruins the flow of the body for me.

19. fastfreddie

I misspoke when I said GTR EVO, I meant to say Ultima RS - the sequel to the Ultima Evolution, which was the sequel to the Ultima GTR, which was the sequel to...long history with that car.

That SuperLite GT-R is not appealing to me and I love GT40s more than I appreciate the Ultimas.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2023
    Saiyan66 likes this.
  20. fastfreddie

This was 15 years ago...