1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd-Ball Picture of the Day

Discussion in 'General' started by bitchcakes, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Lol. Oops, I got mixed up where I got that image from and shared with, obviously. :oops::D

ToofPic likes this.
  2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

3. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

2DC78F20-B09C-4BA7-805B-E1E7922E13A5.jpeg

So your story @auminer reminded me of a conference I went to at The Montage in Laguna Beach one year awhile back. It’s right on the water, so they had problems with seagulls crapping all over everything. You’re not allowed to shoot them, more’s the pity. So somehow they came up with an ingenious plan where they contracted out a service to a bird of prey educational outfit/sanctuary where they would have the birds come “visit” periodically. These folks travelled all up and down the coast, and turned it into a tourist attraction. In the afternoons, they would bring the birds to the property and a small herd of guests would gather around and marvel at these wondrous creatures. They flew some of them on tethers, some free hand, and so on. Falcons, owls and whatnot. Pictured above is an Eurasian Eagle Owl. The one they had was named Zeus. They didn’t even have to fly him, they just took him out of his hutch, perched him on one of the handler’s forearms, and all the seagulls promptly noped out of there. Look at those talons!

4. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I stayed at a resort in Mexico that had a guy with a falcon walk the beach a few hours each day. I don't recall a single gull. Now the iguanas were different. Watching those effers swim across the pool to get to their favorite tree was pretty fun.

Yzasserina and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  5. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Some simple cheap fun is to grab lunch from a chip truck and watch from a distance as the beach chickens take turns divebombing new customers. Usually guaranteed to completely knock a box of fries from someones hand to feast on lol. Bonus points if the chip truck is near a boat launch. You can get 2 birds stoned at once watching marriages get tested launching boats lol.

6. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

7. dtalbott

8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

ToofPic, CBRRRRR999, R Acree and 2 others like this.
  9. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

10. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

That makes me sad.

I would channel @Gorilla George and go buy the McDonald's out of french fries and stand in the parking lot feeding them.

BigBird likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Do you know how many times they've taken an aerial shit on people? Fuck them.

tl1098, CBRRRRR999 and sdg like this.
  12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I've heard they were also good at hastening the baloom popping in the watergun game at the fair.

13. sdg

sdg *

Caption this:

image000000.jpg

(Truck heater apparently had a short)

14. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Are my tits still hanging?....

sdg likes this.
  15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Stelllllaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!

Banditracer, ToofPic and sdg like this.
  16. Addison

Addison Member

Fair, in hindsight I agree with you.

17. DJ Baker

DJ Baker Well-Known Member

tgold and sdg like this.
  18. dtalbott

19. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

20. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

FB_IMG_1679518658752.jpg

This had to have worked once...said no one,not even back then.

AJ, britx303 and Banditracer like this.