1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd-Ball Picture of the Day

Discussion in 'General' started by bitchcakes, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Bloody hell, everyone is turning up now...

R Acree and Yzasserina like this.
  2. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I love the A-10 , a few years back I saw a Formation of 4 of them with the most gorgeous 3 color Camo of light grey , light tan , and a subdued Sea foam Green in an extremely tight formation. (Think Blue Angels ) 50-75 ‘ off the water of Lake Michigan about 100 yards off shore heading North, holding that distance and elevation up the coast … the shoreline juts in and out on Leelanau county with them taking 90 degree or better banks to maintain that scenario… probably the most impressive flying displays I have ever seen . And I’ve been to Oshkosh for more than Twenty times for the EAA flyin and others . So that’s saying a lot … :flag::clap::clap:

3. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Dreams are important!

If I could only stop falling deep abysses. (abysses?.....)
    upload_2021-12-14_16-52-15.png

zertrider likes this.
  4. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

That would be the 107th doing their thang …

5. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Sounds like Good Harbor...

6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

7. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

9. motoracer1100

Yeah , those guys are bad ass . They closed down a highway this Summer and we’re taking A-10’s and Tanker aircraft off State highways.. :clap:it was all over the news . That’s a bunch of tight flying dudes for a National Guard unit …

10. motoracer1100

They were coming from the direction of Good Harbor, heading North but I caught them farther North at Christmas Cove , coming up to the Cathead Point 90 plus turn back into Cathead Bay … spectacular!!

11. Resident Plarp

They’re just a bunch’a kids disguised as adults that get to play with toys at taxpayer expense. Just think about that next time you try itemizing your taxes.

My father was the guy who plotted all of the low-level training routes over the region back in the 70’s. So, if you don’t like the noise, he doesn’t care.

:D :D :D

Pride & Joy likes this.
  12. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

When I was hiking in Vermont many years ago, I was up on top of a ridge and got to see a pair of A-10s thunder through the valley below me. It was a very cool sight I will never forget. It isn't every day I get to see jets screaming along well below the altitude of the ground I am standing on.

13. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I experienced the same (with a different aircraft) while standing on the top of Pikes Peak in 1989. It passes by, and I see ~the top of the plane!~ My mind went WTF??? for a few milliseconds as I processed the experience.

14. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

2006 AHRMA raced at Carolina Motorsports Park in Kershaw SC just before Daytona, so late February. A couple guys in A-10 Warthogs were having fun buzzing the pits at low elevation, making tight turns down low that made contrails pop off the wings. I think maybe they acquired us as targets, they were coming straight at us at low elevation before making tight low turns. Sort of a “fun with hydrocarbons” thing, a mutual “hey look at this” thing from pilots to bike racers. Bunch of cowboys showing off for their cowboy friends. Always thought that was kind of cool.

15. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

There's a large radar station on top of red rock mountain, just north of where I live. A-1o's would test their skills at avoiding the radar by flying over my house as a way to approach that station. I swear they were dodging tree tops. The station is not in service anymore (that I know) so the the air show is no more.:(

16. motoracer1100

I’m good with the Taxes and the noise .., I could watch that stuff all day long :flag::D

Funkm05, Pride & Joy and CharlieY like this.
  17. Resident Plarp

And yet, here you are.

:D :D :D

18. Resident Plarp

Da-oil be like ;
    7D9ECDEE-A5B7-4C2E-B580-CF4C421B8947.jpeg

19. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

That could have very well been a fellow racer. I raced with a guy right around that timeline that was an A-10 pilot.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You can check out but you can never leave.....